MasterCard Gift Card Didn't Work

O

Ottawa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought a prepaid mastercard gift card. pokerstars says they accept prepaid cards as long as they are active.

My card issuer is from People's Trust.

It was declined by Pokerstars on the grounds that the card issuer does not allow cards to be used on gambling sites.

Just passing the information along.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the information. I know now not to buy one of those cards in the future. Thanks again.

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for this post. Hopefully other people will take heed to your warning

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-5$

They accept just what the amount is on card 5 dollars less for free sry for timing

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I bought a prepaid MasterCard gift card. Pokerstars says they accept prepaid cards as long as they are active.

It was declined by Pokerstars on the grounds that the card issuer does not allow cards to be used on gambling sites.

They accept just what the amount is on card 5 dollars less for free sry for timing

This information is NOT accurate!
I deposited to Stars last week off of a MasterCard GiftCard (both Vanilla & 'Perfect Gift' are working... as they have done so for the past 10yrs.!).
Oddly enough, there was some problem this past month with the MC Gift Cards. partypoker was actually not accepting them (they sent out an email for members who have been using them previously). And, the PerfectGift Card site was experiencing some problems.... you weren't able to login to check out your card balances. Even with this in effect, I picked up another card for some sportsbetting purposes on Titan & as always it was no problems at all.
They're also working for pokerGO, sharkscope, Stars, Titan... just not Partypoker.

O

oreal52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great insight

Thank you for the warning :)

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for info. That was going to be my next option to try. The Royal and visa said no.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought a prepaid MasterCard gift card. Pokerstars says they accept prepaid cards as long as they are active.

Yeah I've had the same issue before trying to deposit on Bovada. The best thing I've found to use is a Netspend card. Works great for me. Honestly it is the only sucessful way that i have found to continuously deposit money online.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you for the warning :)

Thanks for info. That was going to be my next option to try. The Royal and visa said no.

Yeah I've had the same issue before trying to deposit on Bovada.

You guys haven't read all of the posts in this small thread... have you? ('ALL')

It depends on the country you reside in as to whether or not certain prepaid cards will work.... or will not work. I think it's safe to assume that the original poster in this thread 'ottawa'... is residing in canada (the capital city of Canada = Ottawa).
I can say 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT that the card they were referring to ABSOLUTELY WORKS 100% on Pokerstars as a deposit method. AND... I'm talking about the EXACT same card! (thru the same Peoples Trust institution).
How do I know this? Because I have used them MANY times! Looking in my desk drawer here this very second, I can see 5 of those cards... all are 'used', with most of them used on Pokerstars. Do they work on Bovada in the States? I have no clue (I don't believe they have this EXACT same card in the States).

Perhaps a couple of the responses are members hoping to increase post count. Believe it or not, this is not the reason I am posting in this thread. The reason I am posting is because the original poster's information is INCORRECT!!! And I do not want any potential depositor's to be receiving that misinformation.
.... hmm.. perhaps an Admin. or Mod. could come and change the title of this thread???

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys haven't read all of the posts in this small thread... have you? ('ALL')

It depends on the country you reside in as to whether or not certain prepaid cards will work.... or will not work. I think it's safe to assume that the original poster in this thread 'ottawa'... is residing in Canada (the capital city of Canada = Ottawa).
I can say 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT that the card they were referring to ABSOLUTELY WORKS 100% on Pokerstars as a deposit method. AND... I'm talking about the EXACT same card! (thru the same Peoples Trust institution).
How do I know this? Because I have used them MANY times! Looking in my desk drawer here this very second, I can see 5 of those cards... all are 'used', with most of them used on Pokerstars. Do they work on Bovada in the States? I have no clue (I don't believe they have this EXACT same card in the States).

Perhaps a couple of the responses are members hoping to increase post count. Believe it or not, this is not the reason I am posting in this thread. The reason I am posting is because the original poster's information is INCORRECT!!! And I do not want any potential depositor's to be receiving that misinformation.
.... hmm.. perhaps an Admin. or Mod. could come and change the title of this thread???
Ok thanks for the information. Yea I live in North Carolina.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Canada the Royal Bank does not allow you to use your VISA at on-line poker sites. I have not tried a VISA gift Card witch I am hoping you are talking about since you have 5 in your desk? If I am worried about post count I think they would be coming out quicker.