FT strategy

I

Inferous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, it's the final table of 45 men, 7 get paid, I am the chip leader with only 15 BB and wake up with A8o EP, Everyone is close chip wise except CO - 4bb and SB - 6bb. What's the best line to take here? Open shove? Raise call CO? I feel like folding might be the best, but I could be completely wrong.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I would not open this hand in such a situation !!!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I would either raise solid 3,5 BB's or fold in this situation, depending on the notes on the opponents and how nitty/ LAG they are playing ...

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the last part of your statement A8o is not a strong hand there’s no reason to try shove to gain a few blinds fold here probably the best choice.

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, being close to the bubble and chip leader I'd say lean toward the nitty side, especially EP. SSs are going to really try to double up and are going to only call with hands better than A8o or J10o. Just let them shove on marginal hands and let other players call with hands that have higher equity, or they blind out and have no options but to shove with rather garbage hands.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 handed and EP definite fold, especially with everyone else more liable to do crazy shit. fold fold fold

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be aggressive against playing weak and try to get on one against one!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A8o in early position is auto fold , no matter how tight your opponents are, play abc poker and super tight until you will get ITM , if you have experience with ICM you can apply some pressure considering the bubble factor but still don't waste your big blinds with crappy Ax hands.

Let them kill each other, it is not your job to eliminate everyone else.After the bubble the dynamics are different and with 15bbs depth you should not have many open raise/fold spots.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a jam or fold spot. in a traditional spot it's always a fold, however as the big stack on the bubble we can apply pressure. I'm still leaning towards a fold here....but if the table has shown nitty tendencies or a desire to just limp into the money then it's probably a good shove.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unless the table is really tight I would fold here. Just not worth it here.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You're chip leader but not a lot of blinds in your stack. I would lean toward a fold here unless you know the other players are overly passive/trying to ladder up via their opponents being blinded down. I second there is no 3bet here other than shove, else fold.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ao is clearly not enough to open trade from an early position. In addition, you risk getting a call from Co or CB with almost any two cards. I think being a chip leader, in this situation you should fold your hand.