$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: To tight of a fold?

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
partypoker SNG challenge ticket freeroll

partypoker - $0+$0|150/300 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 19.18 BB
BTN: 54.62 BB
SB: 2.97 BB
BB: 54.7 BB
UTG: 18.19 BB
Hero (UTG+1): 60.29 BB
MP: 3.05 BB
MP+1: 96.03 BB
MP+2: 25.48 BB

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has Ad Qc
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, MP+2 raises to 25.38 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 24.38 BB, fold

Flop : (55.15 BB, 2 players) 3c 6h Kh

Turn : (55.15 BB, 2 players) Qd

River : (55.15 BB, 2 players) Qs

BB shows Jd As (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 45%, Flop 24%, Turn 23%)

MP+2 shows 9d 9h (Two Pair, Queens and Nines)
(Pre 55%, Flop 76%, Turn 77%)

MP+2 wins 55.15 BB

polo kwan

polo kwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it in bubble stage?
AQo not that good in multi way actually
juz betting with luck.
i cant call caz BB hv same size of stack to u. u may probably face a shove even call or raise.
Save chips and play the other hand’s better.

though trips finally, juz to rmb it is no value after you folded even comes out a royal flush

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cant call caz BB hv same size of stack to u. u may probably face a shove even call or raise.
I agree here. The fact that BB saw a raise and shove before he called, indicates that he has a hand. The chance that you will miss the flop is real and, even though you have position, if he then makes you will probably be behind one of the two and have to fold. Actually seeing this flop you might be very much behind if one of the two has a K which will be in their range.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are result oriented. If your opponents doesnt push and call with any two(it can be so cause it is freeroll) AQ is no the best card to call with

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should depends on the villain stat but If you're looking at his shove it hard to tell obv it could be anything even AA.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the prize pool being so big I played this like I would play any other MTT and didn't take notice of it being a freeroll. Its just AQ I hate calling an all in PF as 70% of the time they have you crushed with AK so I am reluctant to call with a AQ unless my reads on the player are loose aggro.

I do believe the majority of the time in this spot AQ will be behind it's just unfortunate that he had AJ and the board came QQ haha

I just want to know if this is profitable play long term

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it in bubble stage?
AQo not that good in multi way actually
juz betting with luck.
Save chips and play the other hand’s better.

though trips finally, juz to rmb it is no value after you folded even comes out a royal flush

It was post bubble (already in the money) but I was really focused on running deep and played very cautiously. This was the hand that I look back on in this tournament which I feel like I should of called as it would of given me a huge stack. But also his range is like AA KK AK still

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold in general, hoping to flip. Possibly against AK and dominated. Unless you've some info and can put them on a wide enough range where AQ will be playing profitable.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold in general, hoping to flip. Possibly against AK and dominated. Unless you've some info and can put them on a wide enough range where AQ will be playing profitable.

Thanks man :)

J

JKKeys45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I put the shove all-in with a pocket pair like 9s, so wouldn't be surprised to see that, but I think if you're calling in the BB you at least have to be flipping. So the question is, do you think the guy has A-x or does he have A-K. In that situation I can see arguments for both. If the BB has QQ, KK, AA, he probably repops and shoves, so maybe take those out of his range. So you're really only dominated by AK. He could be calling with KQ, KJ. At the same time, I agree with what's been said already, which is that you're going to have to win a race regardless against the initial shove. So, depends how frisky you are feeling, but I have no problem with the fold.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to raise bigger preflop in a freeroll with your good hands because you will frequently get paid by worse hands. I would raise at least 5bb and maybe even bigger. I would call with AQ, because your in a freeroll people make many bad plays. I would only fold if i knew the person was a really really tight.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to raise bigger preflop in a freeroll with your good hands because you will frequently get paid by worse hands. I would raise at least 5bb and maybe even bigger. I would call with AQ, because your in a freeroll people make many bad plays. I would only fold if i knew the person was a really really tight.

Even with it being a freeroll because it was a ticket buy in not from a deposit bonus and the prize pool was fairly big the play played like any normal turbo mtt it didnt have a noobie shove with nothing kind of players.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap fold, AQ is dominated in this spot vs 2 shoves.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only players range we really care about is the BB here, in a freeroll i would probably just snap call it off and be done with it, in those tournaments since all we invest is time i try to either push for a huge stack or just bust out early, either works for me. so with that and the fact that freeroll ranges are ridiculously wide at the best of times i'm happy stacking it off here.. just know that it's never going to be that great for you in terms of equity, and if the freeroll means alot to you, then folding can never really be a bad option for you here.

But in a normal MTT it really depends on your reads of the BB but in general our equity 3 way can never be that much of a favourite. less spazzy stuff happens in these games especially preflop, so it's going to be a pretty easy fold most of the time.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"ven with it being a freeroll because it was a ticket buy in not from a deposit bonus and the prize pool was fairly big the play played like any normal turbo mtt it didnt have a noobie shove with nothing kind of players."

i missed this, folding seems best here if you don't think players in this 'freeroll' will be spazzy enough preflop.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"ven with it being a freeroll because it was a ticket buy in not from a deposit bonus and the prize pool was fairly big the play played like any normal turbo mtt it didnt have a noobie shove with nothing kind of players."

i missed this, folding seems best here if you don't think players in this 'freeroll' will be spazzy enough preflop.

Yeah it was a promotion at party poker missions tickets, so the play was very normal to a $5 MTT, wasn't any ridiculously wide shove calls that you would see in a regular freeroll. I knew that in the long run my hands going to be dominated a lot of the time with 2 shoves behind me, I hate spots like this where I'm guessing at best with very little info on either player due to table switches.

Folding in Poker