Villan had previously been fairly but not overly aggro

Last edited:
Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call, since it's a freeroll you can beat some hands that play like that and only get beat by a Q and QJ and QT you block them

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We were approaching ITM with min cash $45. 25 left 17 get paid.

The 4th card to the straight didn't seem to bother him one bit and he ripped it right in. I tank folded which looking back I think it was close one.

I was putting him on QJ, J10 QQ which as said I block some . I thought about check raising the turn but at that point there are hands that have me crushed that would play this way AA KK QQ. AA KK would slow down at some point i expect and take there showdown value and not turn them into a bluff

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call, since it's a freeroll you can beat some hands that play like that and only get beat by a Q and QJ and QT you block them

Like a fish xDD
Did you saw the board? Did you saw 8 9 T J? And what the bluffs will be play bet/bet/bet in here?

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villan raises to 2400 from MP. Blinds 600/1200/20 9 max
Folds round
Hero in big blind with J 10 o 42 BB
Villan has around similar got me slightly covered

Flop comes J 8 9 rainbow

I check villan bets 3800 I call

Turn brings an offsuit 3
Villan bets again for 7800 I again call

River brings a 10 and villan shoves remaining stack

Hero ?

Villan had previously been fairly but not overly aggro

You're playing against a living person. He have a brain. Noone idiot will be play bet/bet/bet in this spot with AA, KK, AJ. I am sure some 2 pairs and sets will be check behind here. It is a very scary board for him. Yeah, sometimes you will see the bluffs, but in most of cases you will pay to nuts.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're playing against a living person. He have a brain. Noone idiot will be play bet/bet/bet in this spot with AA, KK, AJ. I am sure some 2 pairs and sets will be check behind here. It is a very scary board for him. Yeah, sometimes you will see the bluffs, but in most of cases you will pay to nuts.

AA and KK would go two streets and surely check the river and take showdown value only hands he has really for value are QJ Q 10 QQ

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this decision depends very much what type of player your opponent is. In most cases this is a fold in my experience. KQ, AQ, QQ, QJ are for sure in his range here. Maybe sometimes even hands like Q10/9/8 suited.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
perfect flop for us to check raise

check calling all the way to the river was a bad Play and he puts maximum pressure onto you which could have been avoided.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap fold. We were trying to improve to a straight, not pay one off with our entire stack. We are not even getting a price here. If I did the math correctly, he is betting around 1,4 X the pot, so a pretty large overbet. If he bluffed us, good for him. We can have a Q here, so no need to call with anything less.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I prefer to just check-call. Our hand is not strong enough to raise for value, and its to strong to turn into a bluff. No better hand will ever fold, and only a few worse hands will call, so we are allowing Villain to play nearly 100% perfect.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It kind of sucks, but I think that has to be a fold.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is alive, are person who at the time involves any , you put hard to pity you did not have to join the party with hands like QJ Q 10 QQ

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to just check-call. Our hand is not strong enough to raise for value, and its to strong to turn into a bluff. No better hand will ever fold, and only a few worse hands will call, so we are allowing Villain to play nearly 100% perfect.
Totally agree. don't agree with other user who said check raise in this spot

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed a tough spot. Think I would've check raised on flop and led the turn.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Indeed a tough spot. Think I would've check raised on flop and led the turn.

Rly? What do you will do if opponent will play 3bet-push or call vs your check-raise? What do you think about your equity vs his 3bet and call ranges?
Do you understand that in this spot you have around 25% fold equity?

Last edited: