L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi
i wasn't excatly comfptable with this flop so i played very passive. In the end i played it very passive and i think i could the big bling who won with 66 get out of the hand

what do you guys think

poker stars, $0.01 Buy-in (80/160 blinds, 15 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - http://www.cardrunners.com/

MP3: 11,520 (72 bb)
CO: 2,785 (17.4 bb)
BTN: 4,414 (27.6 bb)
SB: 7,145 (44.7 bb)
BB: 795 (5 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 3,110 (19.4 bb)
UTG+2: 1,085 (6.8 bb)
MP1: 9,151 (57.2 bb)
MP2: 2,605 (16.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5c 5h
Hero calls 160, UTG+2 calls 160, MP1 calls 160, 3 folds, BTN calls 160, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: (1,095) 2c 8c 7d (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, BTN checks

Turn: (1,095) 2d (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 160, UTG+2 calls 160, MP1 calls 160, 2 folds, BB calls 160

River: (1,735) Ts (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold preflop, you can't profitably setmine and your position is a bit too early to either open jam or open raise.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold preflop, you can't profitably setmine and your position is a bit too early to either open jam or open raise.

really ? especially when i have more than 30 bb I'd like to limp with small pocket pair to see if i hit the set and than raise.
or is this in this time a bad move because i have a abd position?

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks, that articel was quite interessting

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think is the right choise to just limp in the UTG+1. This position is not very good, and if a small pair, it's better raise ou fold, because if someone raise a lot, you have a tough decision to make

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i know, two days later i busted because the other guy got a set of Jacks.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think is the right choise to just limp in the UTG+1. This position is not very good, and if a small pair, it's better raise ou fold, because if someone raise a lot, you have a tough decision to make

What if someone 3 bets you? Or you get 4 or 5 callers?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really ? especially when i have more than 30 bb I'd like to limp with small pocket pair to see if i hit the set and than raise.
or is this in this time a bad move because i have a abd position?

Personally, I don't think its terrible to set mine from early position, but you have to think about what you will do if you miss your set. If you are only in the hand in hopes of making your set, then why would you keep playing the hand after you've missed? There are a lot of possible hands to act behind you that would have you beaten.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, considering the fact that this is a freeroll, youre going to have a lot of players calling you down with anything, so if your goal to bet the turn is to get everyone to fold then its not going to work.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never open limp UTG, ever.

Off 19bb UTG this is just a fold preflop. We have to get through 8 other hands when raising here and we aren't going to be very willing to stackoff 55. Only way I can justify open raising here is at a nitty table or a table where your UTG raise will get a lot of respect. In the early stages of a freeroll, this is likely not going to be the case.

As played, just check every street, not sure what you expect to accomplish by minbetting the turn.

okthishard

okthishard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i think open calling here is fine in these cheap tournaments.

people open limp hands all the time

there's not much aggression

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think open calling here is fine in these cheap tournaments.

people open limp hands all the time

there's not much aggression

if you hate money, sure, limp away. the point is not the limp, it's the stack size he's doing it with. It's a pretty simple math here, you aint gonna get enough to counter the times where you just open fold the flop.

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't open limp from that position in these kind of tournaments.
There's about 10% chance of hitting your set on the flop.
That means you have to limp 10 times to hit a set once.
Then there's another problem, or even more.
If you hit maybe your opponents won't and you will not earn enough chips to be profitable.
Maybe you opponents will raise after you limped and that's bad again because you have to fold.

In conclusion you will spend 15BB of 30 easily to try to catch your set and maybe be profitable. (statistically speaking of course)

K

Kdjb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can sympathize with you because i tend to limp small pairs pre in hindsight I know I shouldn't chances are slim and if you don't hit you're almost certainly beaten

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Is usal play passive because the player don't lost more cheaps, but if have good hand push cheaps