$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Please help me find my mistake or it was just bad luck

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Please help me find my mistake or it was just bad luck

I check at least once a week hands from different tournaments but what happened yesterday made it very early today that I reviewed the tournaments and the hands where I lost to see if I could know my mistake

in yesterday's CC tournament this happened:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324w7CHKl

a freeroll is simply a very different variety of tournament due to many factors, however I would like your advice on what would have been done differently in this hand and what was my mistake since I couldn't see what I did wrong or it was just bad luck.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of the flop bet multiway. We're not folding out better, and with queens we're not protecting from that much here.

As for the turn. Yes that's just a cooler. So yes we're bound to loose chips that's normal.

However, my main issue is with your 3bet there. We're in position. By making the 3bet we don't get anymore value from bluffs, with your sizing we forced flush draws to fold while at the same time you're only ever going to get called by JT, 77 and maybe some A7s/KQ. The rest of the sets/two pairs should squeeze pre most of the time.

Just flat, and allow him to fire another barrel on a river blank with his bluffs, while not taking yourself to value town on the turn.

Main point here: in general, if we were OOP we want to have a lot more jams on the turn when draws are out (otherwise we allow IP to play perfectly with his draws), but IP this changes. We want to flat more so we can play our draws perfectly while at the same time allowing V to bluff with his missed draws. Ofcourse his 5x is huge, which makes us less inclined to flat but in this specific spot I feel like it's still the better move.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like your flop cbet, but after you hit your set on the turn, I'm not folding that hand.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the only mistake is the flop bet amount which is too small. The bet needs to be at least 1/3rd pot sized. Other than that, this is just a bad luck cooler hand where sh*t happens. In my opinion you did not do anything wrong turn onward and it is never a hand that we would be folding given the board.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, there were 3 mistakes in this hand:

1) Betting the flop, this should have been a check and evaluate.
2) Sizing of turn bet, this should have been closer to 75% pot not just 25% pot.
3) 3-bet jamming the turn, this should have been a call and then evaluate river.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, in freeroll tournament and micro tournament I raise more pre flop with monster hand. On blinds 10/20 I raise pre flop 5-6x. I agree that you played too small bet on the flop. Opponent decided call small bet. I prefer here at least bet for 50% of the pot. If you bet more on the flop sometimes opponent will not risk with gut shot and fold his hand. On the turn you also played a little to small. On the turn you caught a set, but your opponent caught a straight. You can't fold set on that board. You can go all in on the turn, because you still have 9 out to full house and 1 out to four of a kind. This time it was cooler and it happens sometimes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you bet more on the flop sometimes opponent will not risk with gut shot and fold his hand.

That is true, but we also lose more all the times, that someone has an A or K in their hand and outflopped us. If a bet never fold out a better hand and never get called by worse, we should typically not make it.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry guys, I made a mistake in my analysis. In this hand we have two opponent, so on the flop I probably give up our hand and I play check on the flop, because is more possible that one of opponents have top pair.

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I check at least once a week hands from different tournaments but what happened yesterday made it very early today that I reviewed the tournaments and the hands where I lost to see if I could know my mistake

a freeroll is simply a very different variety of tournament due to many factors, however I would like your advice on what would have been done differently in this hand and what was my mistake since I couldn't see what I did wrong or it was just bad luck.

Thank U 4 Posting.
I am going street by street as to not influence my decision making.

You raise 4x UTG in a game where you will get called that is fine.
What is your range here? What do the villains give you for a range here?

UTG1 calls- range?
What data are you using to define the range as clearly as possible?

BB calls this could be a wide range. Do you have data to narrow BB range?

Ok now we think about the fact that we are in a villain sandwich.
Will BB bluff Axx boards as a squeeze? Will UTG1 squeeze if we call that lead?
Do you have data that will help here?

What is the number 1 thing we should be thinking about in this spot? Sets both these players could be set mining and sets are the most hidden hands.

We have defined our hand in their minds as AA KK QQ most of the time.
They do not think at advanced levels in this game on average.

Ok now we have a static one pair hand- difficult to improve. Will our V's chase regardless of our bet sizing?

On to the flop

Barf!!!!

How often do we get check raised? How often do we get called by Ax and Kx?
Do our V's ever fold Ax here? How often Kx?
Does UTG1 have bluffs here?
Does UTG1 know we would be checking AA KK AK here?

Do you know what your equity is vs KdJd AcJd AJ no diamond Ax off suit?
So when you bet this flop why are you building the pot?

If V2 calls and BB V1 check raises as a bluff are you going to call?

How would this bet sizing give us data that would allow us to narrow V ranges?
Is there a different action that would give us more data than the small bet?
Can we check and see what our V's do?
Can we bet big and expect Kx to fold?

BB V1 calls

What range? Will V1 fold some of that range?
What is your plan?

Turn
Q

You bet 100. Why?
You do not even have the best possible hand. J10 is!
KdXd now gets to see the river for 100, so does 5d6d. So does AJ.

BB check raises 4x.

What range?
What do we beat that BB check raises on the turn when we defined our hand preflop as

AA KK QQ ?

You shove.

What hand that we are a head of calls that shove?

BB calls and shows the hand we should have known was the hand BB had as played by the BB to this point.

River

We lose.

This was a barf pot on the flop and we stacked off.

It is ok in tournaments to show down hands. We do not need to battle in barf pots.

I went through this step by step I did not know V had the JT, so when I said we do not have the best hand JT was it was because I was ranging your V.

Hope this helps
:):)

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for posting. After you hit your set the player check raises you and you shove. Regardless of what happens on the river I'd be getting it all in there as well. You had a good amount of river outs and you just missed. It's hard to assume you are behind there. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool: