$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AK vs QJ

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bmw1983kaz, holding QJ suited (diamonds) ... oh and there were 3 inactive players - making it 6 handed rather than a full table

foxymama holds AK unsuited.

Player bmw1983kaz calls (200)
Player foxymama calls (200)
Player LadyHookz folds
Player ItchyFever folds
Player CaraDura folds
Player DannyDaigo folds
Player qunch702 folds
Player Black Tarot folds
Player Cash4PokerCOM checks

*** FLOP ***: [Qs 2c Jc]

Player bmw1983kaz checks
Player foxymama bets (880)
Player Cash4PokerCOM folds
Player bmw1983kaz raises (1760)
Player foxymama calls (880)

*** TURN ***: [Qs 2c Jc] 9♦

Player bmw1983kaz checks
Player foxymama bets (4400)
Player bmw1983kaz allin (3780)
Uncalled bet (620) returned to foxymama

*** RIVER ***: [Qs 2c Jc 9d] 10♥

Player bmw1983kaz shows: Two pairs. Qs and Js [Qd Jd]. Bets: 5760. Collects: 0. Loses: 5760.
Player foxymama shows: Straight to A [Ks Ac]. Bets: 5760. Collects: 11960. Wins: 6200.

Did I play this right?

Last edited:
J

johnltakacs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could make arguments for 2 scenarios...first I most likely would have shoved on the flop with straight and flush draws and you don't want anyone catching more draws on the turn...its where I say your read on people is important...or you could have reraised all in on the flop after the check bet of mama ...most likely this person obviously looked they were going to shove at any point since hey called on the turn not having their hand improve at all....so it might not have mattered....but as I said either an intial shove on the flop or a reraise all in on the flop is the only way you might have gotten mama off ...freerols make people act very illogical.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop, never limp first.
postflop, there is a flush-draw on the flop, why you checked on the flop? Since everybody limped, their hand ranges are supposed to be weak, so you can not really expect them to bet. And your check-raise is too small to achieve anything, villain should continue with everything.

After you check-raise, why you didn't follow up? you have a very short stack and you can't fold it now. And when you bet, there a lot of draws, any fold you get is a + for you.

Overall, played terribly on all streets.

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop, never limp first.
postflop, there is a flush-draw on the flop, why you checked on the flop?

Because I was UTG and didn't hold an A or K but was suited so just called as I'm out of position, if it was a full table I would have folded ..

Since everybody limped, their hand ranges are supposed to be weak, so you can not really expect them to bet.
The table was full off loose aggressive, C-betting ever flop.. so I was 90% sure a C-bet was coming with me being out of position.

And your check-raise is too small to achieve anything, villain should continue with everything.
You might have a point there.

After you check-raise, why you didn't follow up? you have a very short stack and you can't fold it now.
I should have lead out on the turn.

Overall, played terribly on all streets.
On the flop I think was played okay, maybe against a passive player, he either have me beat or just get a free card which would be costly... checking would be a mistake but this guy had been aggressive post flop 90% of the time.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bmw1983kaz, holding QJ suited (diamonds) ... oh and there were 3 inactive players - making it 6 handed rather than a full table

foxymama holds AK unsuited.

Player bmw1983kaz calls (200)
Player foxymama calls (200)
Player LadyHookz folds
Player ItchyFever folds
Player CaraDura folds
Player DannyDaigo folds
Player qunch702 folds
Player Black Tarot folds

*** FLOP ***: [Qs 2c Jc]

Player bmw1983kaz checks
Player foxymama bets (880)
Player Cash4PokerCOM folds
Player bmw1983kaz raises (1760)
Player foxymama calls (880)

*** TURN ***: [Qs 2c Jc] 9♦

Player bmw1983kaz checks
Player foxymama bets (4400)
Player bmw1983kaz allin (3780)
Uncalled bet (620) returned to foxymama

*** RIVER ***: [Qs 2c Jc 9d] 10♥

Player bmw1983kaz shows: Two pairs. Qs and Js [Qd Jd]. Bets: 5760. Collects: 0. Loses: 5760.
Player foxymama shows: Straight to A [Ks Ac]. Bets: 5760. Collects: 11960. Wins: 6200.

Did I play this right?

Hello,

You played this very well. Your opponent will very rarely get the river 10 bailout. Well played. Just a bad beat.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like the pre flop limp and if positions are as is then you would be UTG in this hand and limping then is very bad. You should small raise here and go from there.

As played on the flop if you what you say is true that villain will always bet out then a check is just fine. However, If you are going to raise here (and should btw) your raise needs to be larger. It should be a raise where you get value and also make villain be committed if he is going to call as if I am adding things up correctly you started the hand each about 30 BB. I would raise to 2200-2500 here and hope he re jams over or calls.

The turn I will say I dont get at all from your position as played. Why would you check here after check raising the flop when there are so many draws out there? Plus with the check raise on the flop you have put in near a third of your stack, have two pair and also the SPR on the turn is about 1. You should just lead jam this turn. If villain has K10 then they have it. But if they dont they will check back a lot here and get a free river card that hands like KQ and KJ or the AK as in this hand could complete. You are committed to this pot with two pair after the check raise on the flop. Just get it in there on the turn and hope it holds.