ChiTownRon says I'm Garbage at poker

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This play was in a CardsChat freeroll yesterday. He is player9.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (WPN)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, January 09, 09:18:07 ET 2019
Table CardsChat 100 Daily Freeroll 14 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Seat 2: Player2 ( 9758 ) - VPIP: 18, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 3.3, Hands: 150
Seat 3: Player3 ( 17999 ) - VPIP: 14, PFR: 10, 3B: 14, AF: 0.0, Hands: 49
Seat 4: Player4 ( 24789 ) - VPIP: 14, PFR: 7, 3B: 11, AF: 2.0, Hands: 74
Seat 6: Player6 ( 30257 ) - VPIP: 18, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 0.3, Hands: 33
Seat 7: Player7 ( 23132 ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 69
Seat 8: Hero ( 6985 ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 2.9, Hands: 9988
Seat 9: Player9 ( 14767 ) - VPIP: 32, PFR: 22, 3B: 11, AF: 1.5, Hands: 41
Player6 posts ante of [150].
Player7 posts ante of [150].
Hero posts ante of [150].
Player9 posts ante of [150].
Player2 posts ante of [150].
Player3 posts ante of [150].
Player4 posts ante of [150].
Player6 posts small blind [750].
Player7 posts big blind [1500].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 9c Ac ]
Hero raises [3765]
Player9 raises [14617]
Player2 folds
Player3 folds
Player4 folds
Player6 folds
Player7 folds
Hero calls [3070]
Player9 wins 7782
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, Td, 2h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
Hero wins 16970 from main pot
Hero shows [9c, Ac ]
Player9 shows [Ah, Qs ]
He finished 14th and then I finished 11th.

I then got a PM from him saying I was garbage at poker and that I sucked.

must be nice to suck at poker and win hands

you raise out UTG with half your stack with A9, then you actually call a reraise all in just hit your three outter on the flop. you're garbage at poker.
He also called me out in the cardschat freeroll post:

Well I almost made back to back to back final tables. Busted out 14th. Wasn't too happy how my stack crumbled. If it wasn't for Riverlord90 aka felixfelicis donking my stack down with his Ace rag to my AK by him misplaying his hand and getting lucky on the flop, i would of looked good to make final table. Kills me when you see someone make a really terrible play and then hit a lucky 3 outer to win the pot on a hand they should of never been in.

P.S. And of course he played folding every single hand after that until he shoved with his little stack on 78 offsuit. Kills me when someone donks you in a hand just to go watch them lose your chips hands after lol

Now I realize it might not have been the best play but that sometimes happens. I was originally gonna shove all in (probably should have) since I only had 5.2bb and was pretty short stacked.

But anyway you look at it, he was gonna lose because I wasn't gonna fold that hand with my short stack nearing the FT. So I don't understand why he is that upset over it.

Was it that bad of a play by me or is he just a tilted bad sport?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eh his just tilted. Do it in a MTT that really is life changing and I would unfortunately agree with him.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eh his just tilted. Do it in a MTT that really is life changing and I would unfortunately agree with him.

How would you play that hand in a highroller MTT?

EDIT: for the record, I don't think I would have done that in a life changing MTT

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd shoved it 95% of the time...though I shove at 9BB danger zone because at 5.2BB you need to win TWO confrontations to stay alive. I don't like shoving with weak aces I prefer a funky suited hand for desperation all-ins. Ron's just being a Chicago guy he is mad the Bears missed the field goal.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd shoved it 95% of the time...though I shove at 9BB danger zone because at 5.2BB you need to win TWO confrontations to stay alive. I don't like shoving with weak aces I prefer a funky suited hand for desperation all-ins. Ron's just being a Chicago guy he is mad the Bears missed the field goal.

:laugh:

I almost forgot about the missed field goal, that's gotta be the reason.

But Ok, that's what I thought was the right play, I just wanted to make sure. I don't know why I decided not to shove at the last minute.

Thanks for the analysis man.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you played it right and he was wrong! :)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't complain or listen to any. I figure we all play the way we did and it turns out how it does.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you played it right and he was wrong! :)

Thanks man!

I don't complain or listen to any. I figure we all play the way we did and it turns out how it does.

Same, I never complain, poker is poker and I have definitely seen plays much worse than this one.

I just don't understand why he felt the need to insult me in a pm and then call me out in the subforum over it smh like jeez bro, it's just a freeroll.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some take these games a little too seriously,,, :rolleyes: I enjoy the freerolls for what they are,a chance to win a free buy-in for a tournament. :star:

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some take these games a little too seriously,,, :rolleyes: I enjoy the freerolls for what they are,a chance to win a free buy-in for a tournament. :star:
Man I'm tellin ya :rolleyes: I've been on the receiving end of suck outs way worse in real money games/tourneys and don't even get that upset.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry to hear this, was starting to like the guy :)
but he won't get far if he gets this upset over any hand.
berating players is stupid and immature and puts him on tilt
and makes an ass of himself.

good luck :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems counterproductive for someone to run their mouth like that instead of keeping quiet for the next time they get to play against what they think is a "garbage player".

I think both of you misplayed the hand somewhat. I think your preflop bet-sizing was a little strange, but he has absolutely no room to talk shoving AQos over the top preflop. The whole thing kind of makes me scratch my head. :p

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the trash talkin as long as it doesnt get serious/personal

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you were at the point that you really had to make a move. You I would have preferred shoving in that spot instead of the raise. With the size of the blinds and antes and what you had left, you are almost forced to call anyone that comes over top with 2bbs left and already sitting UTG. Better to just push it now.

I still never understand why players feel the need to tell other players they think they are terrible. Trust me, if I think you are terrible, you would be the last person I would want to make aware of that.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your right

If you win its always right LOL, but thats poker man, cant stand over reactors.

Last edited:
RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry to hear this, was starting to like the guy :)
but he won't get far if he gets this upset over any hand.
berating players is stupid and immature and puts him on tilt
and makes an ass of himself.

good luck :)

Yeah I've never felt the need to berate players even when they shove their 72o and win. I agree with you, he definitely needs to learn some tilt control.

Congrats on your win btw! :cool:

Seems counterproductive for someone to run their mouth like that instead of keeping quiet for the next time they get to play against what they think is a "garbage player".

I think both of you misplayed the hand somewhat. I think your preflop bet-sizing was a little strange, but he has absolutely no room to talk shoving AQos over the top preflop. The whole thing kind of makes me scratch my head. :p

Haha I know, my first thought was to shove but I second guessed myself at the last moment and scrolled down to probably the worst bet-size I could have possibly made :rolleyes: :laugh: for the record, I was up since 3:30 am that day so I was really tired lol

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were at the point that you really had to make a move. You I would have preferred shoving in that spot instead of the raise. With the size of the blinds and antes and what you had left, you are almost forced to call anyone that comes over top with 2bbs left and already sitting UTG. Better to just push it now.

I still never understand why players feel the need to tell other players they think they are terrible. Trust me, if I think you are terrible, you would be the last person I would want to make aware of that.

Yeah I thought shoving was the right play with my stack. I second guessed myself at the last moment and made a terrible bet.

But that's why I'm here I guess.

Hah I agree, I would just put a silent red marker on them and come for those chips later.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the 32% VPIP woke up with a hand and is upset that someone called him? Hmmm...

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost brain cells reading this thread....

You have 5bb UTG with A9s, opening 2.5x is pointless, shove all in as its +EV to open shove any ace here, obviously you have call off the rest of your stack.

Is this seriously what the THA section has dumbed down to?