$5.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: $5,50 NLHE MTT Turbo: Call or Fold

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... I was in BB with 10k in chips, blinds 75/150. I came with AKs and UTG open shove with 9,5k. All the table folded.

I dont have track of this vilain, he came up only 4 hands before.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm folding personally, it's too deep for me to call off with AK. If villian had a stack of say 3-4k I'd call, but looking for a better spot where I can be the aggresor or have more info is preferred.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap calling. Villain never does this with KK/AA and can be spazzing out with some worse Ax here imo. We are never in bad shape here.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap calling. Villain never does this with KK/AA and can be spazzing out with some worse Ax here imo. We are never in bad shape here.

You'd be surprised. Esp at these microstakes. It's a tough call because I've folded AKs before in similar spots but usually when I'm in EP with lots of people left to act or I know the person is a nit. Or more than one stack is already AI.

Villains often do this with AA/KK but you're right many spaz with worse.

AKs is a good hand but pre-flop any PP beats it and any two cards have the potential to win if they connect with the board and your AK doesn't.

If I'm last to act or LP and only one shove and I know is a spaz I'd call even this deep. Otherwise I'm likely folding.

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would consider a lot of things like, how far are we from tournament, how much of better player are you than others, what's the average stack size, what position are you in chips.

If it leans towards doing a gamble where you are probably 50-50 , I would call off. But if I think I have edge over players and stacks, I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Happy grinding!!

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Angry fold after he show a AQs.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
key things to consider here....

it's early, no real time invested and it's a turbo, he likely doesn't do this much with AA KK as they are hard to get and we have blockers, weaker Ax broadway and smaller pairs are much more common. we're deep here, but relatively since it's a turbo out stack really isn't that deep and we have less orbits in which to wait for really good situations.

seems like a good call spot to me

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players tend to shove wider in turbo.

polo kwan

polo kwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call. may not go if that a multi way but surely snap call in heads up

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why call a shove of 95% of your stack with just a draw since you had more than 60BBs?
You dont have to do this.
Doesn't matter what he showed, if he had 22 you would start the hand loosing.
With this stack you can play much more smart hands other than play this kind of lottery hand.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... I was in BB with 10k in chips, blinds 75/150. I came with AKs and UTG open shove with 9,5k. All the table folded.

I dont have track of this vilain, he came up only 4 hands before.

You can't fold AK preflop unless you are sure that you are dealing with AA or KK. That's all. Can you put them on AA or KK with just 4 hands of play? No. Would you fold that? Probably not. This happens in micro and small buy in tournament.
It's not a comfortable call but you should call in my opinion.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with Trent and Wizzim on this one.

I call.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 66 BB, so i dont think that your fold was bad. You can win more in other situations. I think calling here was to risky.

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are too deep to call this shove. For me its fold.

Folding in Poker