naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This player Is Insane

Party No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (MP2) (t14,795)
UTG (t8,919)
SB (t10,400)
MP1 (t23,026)
BB (t12,869)
CO (t13,112)
UTG+1 (t8,735)
Button (t10,654)

Hero's M: 123.29

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J
club.gif
, J
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t80, 1 fold, Hero raises t225, CO calls t225, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls t145

Flop: (t795) 7
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
(3 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO bets t795, 1 fold, Hero calls t795

Turn: (t2,385) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t2,385, Hero calls t2,385

River: (t7,155) J
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t7,155, Hero?

I've already caught this player bluffing once when they did similar play on a board of 2882K river and they Just bombed flop+Turn+River and I Just called down.

Now obviously board texture Is totally different, but we did Just river top set, so I'm wondering what do we do? Call/Fold/Shove? I think shoving Is worse possible option but calling on the other hand can't be bad but not the greatest as If we are correct, we're practically giving up value by not shoving and having them call of for the remainder of the stack left. Now folding on the other hand Isn't bad since we basically save chips but I mean vs this "Nut case", how can we come up with the fold?

What would you do, every street down play by play, explain why, you would do this, and what's the merit to doing that which you think Is best to do?

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky spot. In general I'd be worried about stacking off with an overpair on a drawy board 150bbs deep. Hmm

Preflop I'd raise bigger as we're deepstacked, maybe up to 4bb

Postflop if we're going to c/c down we're doing it because of the read and that also means we're not folding. I prefer bet/fold on this flop though, way too many turn cards that we hate.

As played on the river, don't think we can shove unless he'll call it off without a flush.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tricky spot. In general I'd be worried about stacking off with an overpair on a drawy board 150bbs deep. Hmm

Postflop if we're going to c/c down we're doing it because of the read and that also means we're not folding. I prefer bet/fold on this flop though, way too many turn cards that we hate.

As played on the river, don't think we can shove unless he'll call it off without a flush.

Agreed

Terrible river in a sense because it makes you want to stick around. Everything got there.

I puke and prob wind up folding

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You're correct, lots of turn cards we aren't happy with, but that doesn't mean that this player Isn't capable of potting top pair? Also I don't really see the point In raising flop Just to fold to a player like this, I mean If the purpose Is to fold, an OP to this player, than what the heck are we even doing In the first place vs him/her by raising flop:confused: . If on the other hand It was to say raise and get re-raised to Jam on them, than I can see how that might work, but still kinda spewy since this flop really Is wet as wet can get.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed

Terrible river in a sense because it makes you want to stick around. Everything got there.

I puke and prob wind up folding

Well there's 2 for the fold. Yeah everything In the world got there on that river. I swear I type "WTF OMG ARE KIDDING" during that hand In chat:eek:

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're correct, lots of turn cards we aren't happy with, but that doesn't mean that this player Isn't capable of potting top pair? Also I don't really see the point In raising flop Just to fold to a player like this, I mean If the purpose Is to fold, an OP to this player, than what the heck are we even doing In the first place vs him/her by raising flop:confused: . If on the other hand It was to say raise and get re-raised to Jam on them, than I can see how that might work, but still kinda spewy since this flop really Is wet as wet can get.
I never said fold river btw, you have top set and villain is an aggro who hasn't taken a typical flush line. I'd call river, but I don't think you can raise it.

We don't want to bet/call off 150bbs with a moderate overpair on this flop because you're even money vs the villain's continuing range. It just isn't as strong a spot as you might think. I want to lead flop (or maybe c/c flop, lead a blank turn) because the c/c c/c c/c line has no FE and villain is freerolling to improve his hand against you. I'm ok to take this one down otf or give up, given the RIO at play

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since he is insane, when he bets the pot on the flop, you know you are going to SD. The only way to stop it is to fold or try a check/raise, which lets him know that you are committed. Calling the flop makes him think you'll fold on the turn.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never said fold river btw, you have top set and villain is an aggro who hasn't taken a typical flush line. I'd call river, but I don't think you can raise it.

We don't want to bet/call off 150bbs with a moderate overpair on this flop because you're even money vs the villain's continuing range. It just isn't as strong a spot as you might think. I want to lead flop (or maybe c/c flop, lead a blank turn) because the c/c c/c c/c line has no FE and villain is freerolling to improve his hand against you. I'm ok to take this one down otf or give up, given the RIO at play

Agree with everything said! Preflop I would like a bigger raise when we are this deep. This river like said the line does not look like a flush line for villain tho the aggro may have lucked one. I almost think you just hit a nice river to beat 2 pair or a smaller set....