$5.5 NLHE MTT: All-in with AK against a very loose player

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day I was playing on a 3 handed table. One of the folks(lets call him fish) was opening with almost any two cards and was betting 1/2 or 1/3 of the pot on flop or turn. I even called him with a 10 high hand and won. So you get the idea. The tourney was a $5.5 buy-in $200 guaranteed and we were in the money so I picked up AK suited. He opened with a min raise to 800. I reraised to 2800. He 4 bets to 10000. I shoved for 18000 and he calls with A8s. He got and 8 and won.
Did I miss played? Should I have just called and later fold?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't post results of hands you want analysis on.

Against this type of player we should always be 5bet stacking off AKs here and probably a bit wider. Your play is fine.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should've 3bet shove already against the loose opponent.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say that yer all in with ak sooted was fine given oppos range.

one hand at a time and process rather than results oriented...thats the way to do it..:)

better luck next time

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This feels like more of a bad beat story... if you got him drawing to 3 outs I don't understand quite how you are needing confirmation?

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't post results of hands you want analysis on.

Against this type of player we should always be 5bet stacking off AKs here and probably a bit wider. Your play is fine.

Sure, I did post the result because we went all in preflop and there were no action after that but you are right. will do that from now on

Should've 3bet shove already against the loose opponent.

I was pretty sure that I'm beating his range so I wanted him to commit more chips to the pot. I was afraid he just fold. He was betting all flops and even we played the result was the same I assume.

This feels like more of a bad beat story... if you got him drawing to 3 outs I don't understand quite how you are needing confirmation?

Well that's true. I wanted to know if instead of shoving I could just play a big pot with him in position and later fold when I missed.

Last edited by a moderator: