$22 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: HU FT, K9s BB: LAG Villain Opens 2.5x, Hero 3bet 3x, Villain 4Bet Shoves?

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$22 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: HU FT, K9s BB: LAG Villain Opens 2.5x, Hero 3bet 3x, Villain 4Bet Shoves?

Heads up on final table in $5k Monster vs tough lag opponent/winning player.

NL Holdem $20.50+$1.50 (40000BB)
SB ($1528581) [VPIP: 32.3% | PFR: 24.2% | AGG: 35.1% | hands: 184]
HERO ($1431419) [VPIP: 22.7% | PFR: 16.3% | AGG: 27.2% | Hands: 137095]

Dealt to Hero: K 9

[color=red]SB Raises To $104000[/color], HERO Raises To $304000, SB Raises To $1528581 (allin),

HERO Folds
SB wins: $608000

*Very next hand, Hero opens 2.5x with AKo, Villain 3BAI with 55; 5's hold. Hero takes 2nd place.*

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ICMizer

ICMizer results:

kj8QnZG.png

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like shoving here as we are 35 ish BBs deep but I am seeing that is what ICMizer is saying to do. I don't like 3 betting here if we know the villain is a good lag opponent unless we make up our mind before we 3 bet that we are automatically jamming over villains 4 bet if it occurs or if it does not put us all in to call it. Otherwise, if your thinking here is to 3 bet but then fold to a 4 bet you are much better to just call villains raise and play with a hand that could easily be beating his range and flops fairly well. 3 bet folding does not make a lot of sense with our stack size and plus this being heads up as you know King high hands go way up in value. Unless you are sure a 3 bet will get him to fold I think the hand plays better as a call. Being out of position post flop will suck but it will give us a chance to setup a check jam if the right flop comes down.

Last edited:
bigredwolf

bigredwolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like shoving here as we are 35 ish BBs deep but I am seeing that is what ICMizer is saying to do. I don't like 3 betting here if we know the villain is a good lag opponent unless we make up our mind before we 3 bet that we are automatically jamming over villains 4 bet if it occurs or if it does not put us all in to call it. Otherwise, if your thinking here is to 3 bet but then fold to a 4 bet you are much better to just call villains raise and play with a hand that could easily be beating his range and flops fairly well. 3 bet folding does not make a lot of sense with our stack size and plus this being heads up as you know King high hands go way up in value. Unless you are sure a 3 bet will get him to fold I think the hand plays better as a call. Being out of position post flop will suck but it will give us a chance to setup a check jam if the right flop comes down.

I like 300HPGOD's analysis here. It seems like you have to call his shove once you get to that stage and if you are not going to do that calling the initial raise is the better play. I don't think villain is going to call your 3-bet, he is either shoving or folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also not keen on 3-betting K9s out of position. Its kind of rough, if Villain give any sort of action. I can see, why ICMizer think, we have to call off the jam. We are putting in 1,1M to win a pot of 2,8M, so we are getting a pretty decent price.