Vinther90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NLHE MTT Turbo: Fold/Call a shove

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 20/17/67

Hi

I cant find the hand in my pokertracker, so I Will try to describe a tough spot i faced today. No info about villian besides stats from pokertracker

General info:

Players: 29/1129 left

Hero: 24 BBs
Villian: 19BBs

The table folds to me in MP with
ATs and I raise 2,2x.

Villian raise-shove on the button.

I decided to fold. Would you Call such spot?

Last edited:
T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My standard play would be to fold here. The number of hands you have on your opponent is very relevant here, though I would guess it is not many.

My default calling range here would be something like AQ+ 99+ and possibly AJ/88 if you think he's capable of rejamming lighter than normal (i.e. all pocket pairs, suited aces, A8+, KT+ etc.)

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was your image? If you've been LAG to maniac, which would make you a target of a light 3 bet, then this is a close spot. If you've been TAG, where your MP range should not make you a target for a light 3 bet, then his range should be tighter and this would be a fold.

As an example, if I were the villain and you were TAG, I probably would not stray too far out of AJ+ and 77+ range to shove on you. But if I were facing a LAG open, I'd have all types of hands in my re-shove range, because I would be expecing alot of fold equity. I would have suited connectors, 22+, suited aces as well as the strong and marginally strong hands in my range.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres no point in flipping a coin for that many bb with A10. fold everytime for me. I would only call his all in with AA,KK,QQ or mabe AKs. But even with those hands there is way easier chips to be made working flops than going all in and possibly losing 80% of your stack

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is totally dependent on what edge you think you have on the table or they have on you and also what villain has played like... if he is a maniac... then snap if hes a rock then fold. With little info then yeah probably pass it up and find a better spot.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold and find a better spot plus ICM play some role when your'e going deep..