$11 NLHE MTT: $11$ NLHE MTT: Should I call?

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After it checks like that and SB checks again, Id bet on the turn but with that turn card, no chance your folding 77 here. It just a sucking situation all around, the nut flush would do that, and of course the nuts would too. Not saying Im folding here but these river raises usually dont end good but you gotta call the few BBs more

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100 blinds deep, playing the Button and blinds game, I would advocate a 3 bet squeeze preflop. You can easily fold this hand to a 4 bet so I like it to balance your 3 betting range, especially in the button/blinds dynamic.

As the hand played, betting the turn is, I think, the obvious thing to do here. You would check an A or 33 on this flop, so a small bet on the turn (1/3 to 1/2 pot) with semi bluffs is good to have in your range. When you make your hand, bet and then get raised, I think that it is a clear fold. 99.9% of the time you get raised on the river, they have it. The way that this hand played, I would expect the Button to have :as4: :ac4:, flopped the nuts, and slow played it. I like the bet size, because it makes flushes call and only boats and quads can raise, so you should be betting pot, then folding or bet smaller if you are not going to fold to a raise

Last edited:
J

Johnrickard123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the easiest way to get away from this situation is a squeeze preflop. Make it 8-10BBs to go and i think 77 probably mucks, or if you C bet the flop you can rep top set (AK, AK) with ease and you'd have got a fold that way also. A bad beat nevertheless, I HATE paired boards when I'm holding a flush!

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a cooler. That's the only card that sucks you in, and gets you beat. You can fire after the turn, but we have no info on villain, could be a calling station. That happens to us all.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have bet the turn and they would have folded the majority of the time.