€10 NLHE MTT Turbo: Shoving AKo from MP with 13.5bb, Bubble

G

giulio9921

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 63/38/99

Hi everyone, I would like to ask for an opinion on a hand I played today. I am playing The Hot € 10 at pokerstars with a € 2631 prize pool, 47 paid seats, 295 entries.
700/1400 blinds, 9 players, we are in the bubble stage. I am short stacked with 13.5 bb, everyone else has about 20bb with the exception of the UTG + 1, with 90bb. I am relatively unknown with 8 hands all folded. The other players have not called an all in without a top 10% hand even after min raising or 3x.

My hand is this: https://www.boomplayer.com/30982147_CFB3AD625D
Villain has 63/38, infinite aggression on 8 hands and is probably playing the role of the bully being the only deep stacked.
Villain opens 3bb from UTG+1.
Should I REshove (I forgot to include it in the title) AKo from MP in this situation? My reasoning is that I have a very good fold equity and I have an advantage against Villain's range. If someone with 20bb calls me I still have a good chance of winning. If everyone folds I win a nice pot and precious time. If I win a fight I can easily get to the money or I can go for the highest prizes. If I fold I will probably gradually lose all my chips due to the fast increase of the blinds, before I get past the bubble. 70 are still in play, with 47 places paid. The last ones take € 18.50 and I have spent only € 2 having won a satellite.

In the game everyone folds except the preflop raiser who calls with 89s and gets a flush.
Should I have folded and waited for better hands? Should I have folded to steal later with marginal hands from late position?

Any intervention is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Time to wait

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 63/38/99

Hi everyone, I would like to ask for an opinion on a hand I played today. I am playing The Hot € 10 at PokerStars with a € 2631 prize pool, 47 paid seats, 295 entries.
700/1400 blinds, 9 players, we are in the bubble stage. I am short stacked with 13.5 bb, everyone else has about 20bb with the exception of the UTG + 1, with 90bb. I am relatively unknown with 8 hands all folded. The other players have not called an all in without a top 10% hand even after min raising or 3x.

My hand is this: https://www.boomplayer.com/30982147_CFB3AD625D
Villain has 63/38, infinite aggression on 8 hands and is probably playing the role of the bully being the only deep stacked.
Villain opens 3bb from UTG+1.
Should I REshove (I forgot to include it in the title) AKo from MP in this situation? My reasoning is that I have a very good fold equity and I have an advantage against Villain's range. If someone with 20bb calls me I still have a good chance of winning. If everyone folds I win a nice pot and precious time. If I win a fight I can easily get to the money or I can go for the highest prizes. If I fold I will probably gradually lose all my chips due to the fast increase of the blinds, before I get past the bubble. 70 are still in play, with 47 places paid. The last ones take € 18.50 and I have spent only € 2 having won a satellite.

In the game everyone folds except the preflop raiser who calls with 89s and gets a flush.
Should I have folded and waited for better hands? Should I have folded to steal later with marginal hands from late position?

Any intervention is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for posting

There are very few stronger hands than AKo and you have only 13BB. You must play this hand exactly as you did and ignore the results.

Hope this helps

:):)