xxxEvgen (UTG): 1,238 (15 bb)
sonavik (MP): 2,374 (30 bb)
cusaoo (MP+1): 3,336 (42 bb)
Deadlyfish888 (CO): 1,373 (17 bb)
qCaSuALLy (BU): 1,862 (23 bb)
jaworek1405 (SB): 2,046 (26 bb)
semple88 (BB): 4,207 (53 bb)

Pre-Flop: (190) Hero (jaworek1405) is SB with 9 9
2 players fold, cusaoo (MP+1) raises to 160, 1 fold, qCaSuALLy (BU) calls 160, jaworek1405 (SB) calls 120, semple88 (BB) calls 80

Flop: (710) 7 3 6 (4 players)
jaworek1405 (SB) checks, semple88 (BB) checks, cusaoo (MP+1) checks, qCaSuALLy (BU) bets 355, jaworek1405 (SB) calls 355, semple88 (BB) calls 355, cusaoo (MP+1) folds

Turn: (1,775) T (3 players)
jaworek1405 (SB) checks, semple88 (BB) checks, qCaSuALLy (BU) bets 1,337 (all-in), jaworek1405 (SB) folds, semple88 (BB) calls 1,337

River: (4,449) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 4,449

Showdown:
qCaSuALLy (BU) shows 2 A (a pair of Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 33%, Flop: 16%, Turn: 7%, River: 0%)

semple88 (BB) shows 8 8 (two pair, Eights and Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 67%, Flop: 84%, Turn: 93%, River: 100%)

semple88 (BB) wins 4,449

Hi guys, it was sng 45 players. In this situation I had pocket 99 on the small blind. I didn't know what I should do on this flop. Pre flop raiser double up with pocket Aces before that hand and I gave him a lot of respect and I decided to check the flop. I have no read on the button player, I was get a scare of him that he flated better pair than me, something like pocket TT maybe JJ. I saw that player from big blind double up a stack with a straight on the first level of blinds and I hoped that he can fold on the flop, but he call bet on the flop. On the turn came up one over card, not good card for me. What do you think about betting on the flop with over pair or playing check raise (even allin) on this flop?

Last edited:
0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think you played the hand well. Not much we could do differently. One might argue that we could just shove Preflop nut we likely only get called by better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
It kind of suck to take a 4-way flop with 99, because so often we will either get outflopped or bluffed out of the pot. But at the same time 3-betting kind of feel like an overplay, and we are to deep to jam against original raiser. So I would probably also just flat call.

Flop
You flopped an overpair on a low board, and original raiser checked. In my opinion this mean, he usually has overcards and missed. This is important, because the two other guys are short enough, that I am happy to stack off 99 against them on a board like this. So I would simply check-jam the flop and be done. I don’t want to just check-call here and allow everyone and their mother to outdraw me for cheap.

Turn
As played I would usually fold. When BTN jam on this card, you really only beat a bluff, and in low stakes tournaments policing the tables and trying to catch someone bluffing is typically a great way to lose your chips. Yeah you got him this time, but repeat the situation 100 times against random opponents, and most likely this is a long term losing call.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop decision is a terrible one for me. We do not want to take 99s to a flop with multiple opponents - chances are we will encounter tons of boards with at least 1 overcard (sometimes more) and things get awkward, we don't know where we are in the hand and are forced to fold alot of the time.

With our stack size and the action in front - this is the PERFECT spot for an all in squeeze. Dont worry about getting called - we aren't squeezing because we are scared and want to take the pot down uncontested - we are squeezing because we likely have the best hand! 25bb and shorter are great stack sizes for us to rejam hands like this from the blinds. Players are both over folding and over calling in these spots and you will be winning quite a bit more than you are losing my friend.

This example is a great one - you shove, get snap called by the 88s and when they turn them up, you are in fantastic shape, you hold and next thing you know you are sitting on about 55bb or so!

Everyone's style is different - to each their own and whatnot - but playing these hands passively leads to these weird spots and gets us to fold too much - once we stick it in there, the rest is up to the poker gods and as long as we got our $$ in good we should be happy with our result because if we keep doing this we know it is long term +ev

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With our stack size and the action in front - this is the PERFECT spot for an all in squeeze.

I would agree except original raiser is 42BB deep. This is a bit much to 3-bet jam, especially because he is the one, who is far most likely to have TT+.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´m not too sure about the pre flop play its ok but depending on the opponents could be played differently. But post flop when the pre flop aggressor checked on to you i feel like its your time to teke the lead. Place a bet to see where you stand. If all fold great. One calls great you still have a hand and some will call you with just over cards. If someone raises you its decision time he either bluffs, semibluffs with 36% chance of hitting max or beats you, but still you have more information than before.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would agree except original raiser is 42BB deep. This is a bit much to 3-bet jam, especially because he is the one, who is far most likely to have TT+.

With a raise and a call in front - us being 26bb effective this is the perfect spot for a jam I think. I'm not worried about how much the original raiser has and if I am always concerning myself with them having overpairs to my 99s then I am fearing the reaper too often.