$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Would you have folded? str8 flush draw

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Shooting myself in the foot for folding this hand, though I think winning it would've been so rare.

you can watch the replay here:

https://www.boomplayer.com/31384350_3293B3BE7A

I had pocket 10s
board flopped 7,8,9 all spades.

I had a 10 of spade. so open ended straight flush draw.

2 people were all in on flop when action came to me, with one other behind.

I had two outs to improve, 6 of spade or J of spade were the outs I gave myself.

because I only had two outs I folded, even though I wanted to call. I figured with the shoves somebody had a higher spade(most likely ace or K) and I would have busted if another spade came.

it just so happened that had I stayed in I would've had a str8 flush and a bounty(another guy hit the bottom straight flush, so even rarer there would've been 2 straight flush on the board).

was this a smart fold even though the results shows otherwise? considering the pot size + min bounty.

This was the most disappointing fold of the night.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially in a tournament, where its one life to live, I think, this is a prudent fold. As you say, its quite likely, you only have two outs with this crazy action ahead of you. Which in fact was indeed the case, since someone already had a flush, and someone had a better flushdraw than yours. So had you called here, you would obviously have gotten your chips in really bad, and the fact, you would have hit a miracle card this time, is not relevant.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think, the answer to this question depends on the size of the stack. With 70 bb, I would not risk my tournament life like that. However, if the knockout for the rivals was more much larger, I would not discard my cards.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think, the answer to this question depends on the size of the stack. With 70 bb, I would not risk my tournament life like that. However, if the knockout for the rivals was more much larger, I would not discard my cards.

Exactly. With 70 BB, we are still in the early faces of the tournament, and we have plenty of time to find a better spot than just hoping, noone has a better than T high flush.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a good fold , specially with the utg+2 and utg+3 action , they represent a lot of KK , AA , QQ , so you will be trying to catch 2 outs for the straight flush , or maybe 6 outs for the normal straight and you have to dodge the flush outs , with the stack you had it was a good fold ! gg

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for the input. I knew it was a smart fold, it’s just annoying when you see calling would’ve been in my favor this time.

So it’s nice to hear others tell me the same.

My friend plays professionally and is profitable. He always tells me don’t be results orientated because you’re looking at the long term.

I just wanted reassurance I’m making correct folds even though I would’ve won this time.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not say anything about the stacks of the participants and what stage the tournament is at, however, it is difficult to imagine a more favorable situation. You have a top pair and 2 outs per set, 2 outs on a straight flush, 6 outs on a straight and 6 more outs on a flush. Probably a fold in this situation is not the best strategy.

Johnny20GJ

Johnny20GJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I even preflop to call be afraid.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course its the right fold. Especially with your analysis that your only have 2 outs. The one question i will put out there is maybe you had more than one out if your regular straight outs were good? Still, with 2 all ins in front that is definitely a fold.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have Went all in and Double up. It's a Bounty Tournament and you need to go after Bounties. Also you have open ended straight draw. So if no more spades come you can still make a straight.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG with his limp/call is usally weak, but UTG+1 with his 6x open is representing a strong Hand and after the 50bb shove and his call, chances are high that you are already far behind and like you said, with 2 Outs you can't call here.

good fold

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker