$1.1 NLHE MTT Bounty: Did my play good against loose big stack?What is the better lone

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1.1 NLHE MTT Bounty: Did my play good against loose big stack?What is the better lone

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 54/7/3

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 1,500/3,000 (500 ante) - 9 players

Player3 (UTG): 29,533 (10 bb)
Player4 (UTG+1): 24,122 (8 bb)
Player5 (MP): 120,386 (40 bb)
Player6 (MP+1): 128,478 (43 bb)
Player7 (LP): 218,493 (73 bb)
Player8 (CO): 56,374 (19 bb)
Hero (BU): 234,604 (78 bb)
Player1 (SB): 154,560 (52 bb)
Player2 (BB): 75,840 (25 bb)

Pre-Flop: (9,000) Hero (Hero) is BTN with 9♥ 9♣
4 players fold, Player7 (LP) raises to 6,000, 1 fold, Hero (BU) 3-bets to 18,000, 2 players fold, Player7 (LP) calls 12,000

Flop: (45,000) J♥ 7♥ 7♠ (2 players)
Player7 (LP) bets 15,750, Hero (BU) calls 15,750

Turn: (76,500) T♣ (2 players)
Player7 (LP) bets 26,775, Hero (BU) folds

Total pot: 76,500
Player7 (LP) wins 76,500

I dont actually know how to play in such spots...help me people

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We still need to be calling this turn bet here. There are TONS of draws that Villain will donk lead on the flop and only a few hands that are beating us that he will lead with (a 7). The turn bet isn't even that big, roughly 1/3 pot, and we represent all the over pairs by 3-betting pre-flop, and we also pick up extra outs if we were in fact behind already by turning a gutshot. I'm calling this turn and re-evaluating on the river. Any brick card we can call another bet from, as long as it's not anything crazy. I might even hero a big bet if the hearts miss or a straight doesn't get there, which we block anyway with our nines. If we fold here we are just too exploitable in my opinion.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the pre-flop movement was the right one, probably after the flop I would have raised the villain's bet to see what he would do depending on the movement of the villain decided whether or not to continue in the hand, however I do not think you were wrong I think the fold was also a good move

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
villain`s pfr is just 7%. do you think its loose range? i would call for set mining.
you re in position so you can float on flop.
on turn fold if he keep barreling and bet if he check

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of sample size do we have on this guy? Regardless, he's 54/7, so even over a fairly small sample I have mixed feelings about isolating this guy when he RAISES himself. If he limps in, great - let's isolate the crap out of him. But if raises... I may flat hands as strong as tens or jacks here at least some of the time, and nines all of the time.

As played, his flop lead out is super suspicious, and I'm definitely peeling one street, but when he leads turn, I'm just shrugging and folding. This guy's stats indicate he's not overly aggro pre, and I expect those tendencies to carry over into postflop play.

You could make the argument that his sizing is closer to a "block bet" size that he might take with some draws, but most of his draws imo have 15 outs... and some of them improved to hands that beat ours on the turn or have even more outs. Plus we have a hand that just about never improves, and sometimes when it DOES improve we still don't know if we're good if we face a lot more action.

So to wrap up: I wouldn't 3bet preflop, but as played I like your line postflop.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We still need to be calling this turn bet here. There are TONS of draws that Villain will donk lead on the flop and only a few hands that are beating us that he will lead with (a 7). The turn bet isn't even that big, roughly 1/3 pot, and we represent all the over pairs by 3-betting pre-flop, and we also pick up extra outs if we were in fact behind already by turning a gutshot. I'm calling this turn and re-evaluating on the river. Any brick card we can call another bet from, as long as it's not anything crazy. I might even hero a big bet if the hearts miss or a straight doesn't get there, which we block anyway with our nines. If we fold here we are just too exploitable in my opinion.
This is quite good analysis,thank you.I had same feelings and thoughts but I dont still confind at the turn play for me.I quess it needs much time analysing this situation and I can try to work in Flopzilla on this situation modelling situations.

for me the pre-flop movement was the right one, probably after the flop I would have raised the villain's bet to see what he would do depending on the movement of the villain decided whether or not to continue in the hand, however I do not think you were wrong I think the fold was also a good move

This is very good idea to make flop raise,looks very strong to my mind...I am gonna use it definetely cause sometimes I play soft poker and then have tough decisions aiming opponents range.Thank you for comment.

What kind of sample size do we have on this guy? Regardless, he's 54/7, so even over a fairly small sample I have mixed feelings about isolating this guy when he RAISES himself. If he limps in, great - let's isolate the crap out of him. But if raises... I may flat hands as strong as tens or jacks here at least some of the time, and nines all of the time.

As played, his flop lead out is super suspicious, and I'm definitely peeling one street, but when he leads turn, I'm just shrugging and folding. This guy's stats indicate he's not overly aggro pre, and I expect those tendencies to carry over into postflop play.

You could make the argument that his sizing is closer to a "block bet" size that he might take with some draws, but most of his draws imo have 15 outs... and some of them improved to hands that beat ours on the turn or have even more outs. Plus we have a hand that just about never improves, and sometimes when it DOES improve we still don't know if we're good if we face a lot more action.

So to wrap up: I wouldn't 3bet preflop, but as played I like your line postflop.

Well,recently I started using flatcalling 88-TT in such situations after rewieving some videos from bencb and I feel like such play makes game simplier postflop for me and more + on distance.Thanks for your analysis.For me it seems complete and quite clear.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you say this is against a loose opponent, I'm calling this turn. The ten is a pretty decent turn card for you, giving you some straight equity. It is not likely to have improved your opponent's hand, especially given his sizing (if he had sized up I'd lean towards fold). I think you should call and play rivers, with a lot of river calls if the river isn't a heart.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its Ok. But i dont believe that he can bluff on the flop after your 3bet. So,i think you may fold on the flop.