$0.55 NLHE MTT Bounty Turbo: 0.55 $ bad bit or bad call?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your play was fine. You got unlucky getting all your chips in with the best hand on the flop, only to have him hit his OESD on the turn.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What I Think? it is not necessary open AK that way in a 35/70 blinds, is early in the tourney... of course villain can be considered a maniac player, but sometimes he can have 88,99 even Aces (he limp, preflop, but we never know)
most of the time, when you open 6 blinds, and there's no ante, you only will received calls from others strong "premium hands" and this don't worth early in tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, everything looks really good here. Preflop you have to bump it up, when there are two limpers, and you have something as good as AK. You would also have 3-bet, so 6BB is certainly not to much to put in pre. Two players gave action, which created a SPR of a little over 3, and you flopped TPTK on a pretty safe board. There is no way, I am ever folding in that situation and especially not against a maniac. He can have KJ and think, he is getting it in for value, or just some random bluff.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about this distribution? The chip leader at the table played like a maniac. Am I doing the right thing?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424wwcgKU[/QUOte

In my opinion you did exactly what most would have done. Even if he didn't check shove the flop you would have gotten it all in with that river regardless. Your opponent just got real lucky and he will get busted many times in the future with that type of play. Good luck

Good Luck to all:cool:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Splitting hairs here but I think you can go 4.5BB to 5BB on the pre flop raise instead of 6BB and get the same results. You will get folds against junk and calls against anything between junk and monster depending on opponent. The rest of the hand was played well. If I was in the hand and my opponent raised me like that on that specific board I would not put them on 89 or a set because why would they raise that large to scare me away? I would be thinking Kx (a little less likely since we have one) or a draw of some kind. If they have the draw then they are 32% and you would want to get the chips in as you did. If they have the Kx you have them crushed. Good play, good call, just bad luck the 32% hit this time.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are waaaaay to focused on the ending results of these hands you are posting rather than the actual play itself.

Another hand where you would not even think about posting this had your hand held and you won the pot.

Your preflop raise is good, I even like the sizing with 2 limpers in front - flop is great for you - relatively dry- I think betting 2/3 pot on this flop is too much, you want lesser pairs and draws to come along here when you flop so strong - I would bet about 1/3 pot or so - then when called we should have an easy jam on the turn.

As played you called off with top pair top kicker...and you were good! Close to about a 70% favorite on the flop, how much better do you want to be to get your $$ in??

You made the right move preflop - I think your flop bet is too large for what is relatively a dry flop - called off in a spot where anyone else should, your hand is just too strong to fold - you got it in super good vs a weaker draw and they got there...nothing you can do.

Best advice I can give you is to stop worrying so much about the bad runouts and losing pots but rather focus on how YOU played the hand. For me, once again, I think everything about your play in this hand is fine except the flop cbet sizing which I think is too large. Raising pre is good, cbetting flop and calling off the jam is good - everything else is out of our hands. Get it in good, keep getting it in good and results will come.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think about this distribution? The chip leader at the table played like a maniac. Am I doing the right thing?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424wwcgKU

Thank U 4 Posting

I have stopped replayer at your flop bet sizing as preflop was standard.

What was your plan? Why did you choose this sizing?
V2 in position folded did we need this sizing to have that happen?
What do your villains see as your most likely range?

When V1 calls what cards are good and bad for you?
Do you have reads on V1?
Would you have played 88 99 the same way?
Could V1 suspect you would not?
If so does that change your plan?

You get check shoved on.
How likely is it that this is a value shove vs a semi bluff?

Can we use pot size to move it in one direction or the other?
SPR is lower your calls are more likely.
Does the V think you over fold because of action of the wild player?

You may consider a smaller bet size on the flop 900 but this V probably shoves anyway and you have to call.
Obviously they would do that with all their draws.

Hope this helps
:):)