Would you call or fold this hand?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in SB with 10 Qo, 6 at the table. Cut off i am feeling is a maniac and possibly on tilt. I have only just joined the table though.
I call his preflop bet and go heads up.
Flop is Q 3 10, i raise half the pot and he re raises to 2.5X. I only call as i feel he may continue to bluff.
Turn is a K, i check and he bets half, i call.
River is a J and he bets the full pot.
I end up folding however i am confused as to what he had as he re raised me on the flop, only pocket 3s was realistically beating me as i block QQ and 10 10 to some level.
Do you think i played this hand all wrong?
My cards are Q 10
Community cards are Q 3 10 K J, no flush possible.
I folded as im losing to any ace or 9 and possibly pocket 3s.
To end on a high 2 hands later he went all in a Q 5 5 board when i had KQ and won 100BB in a cash game :) he showed a J 6 haha. I called because at this point it was clear he was on major tilt.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm trying to get it in on the turn here. We don't want to give cheap river cards and want to take control right now.

Jam the turn would be my play. Probably raise the flop but I'm aggressive, calling there is fine.

As played, river fold is easy.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold pre flop but I'm a bit nitty haha.
As played top two pair is pretty good here on the flop, it depends on stack sizes weather I want to re raise on the flop after his raise.
A shame about the runout it's a clear fold. However in the long run I think you need to raise over the top on the flop and barrel turn.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we block QK KT and he will not rereise with KT flop so it can be call river vs unknoun player. and as u have said he is in tilt it is call i think. and he will jam with A.
2x reise - bet 1/2 - betpot idiotic line i think its any two.

and on turn rereise for value.

Y

yago23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. The truth that the staircase was very visible and the temptation to achieve full with that flop were great. I also had paid. K existed surely have company.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You not wrote with what positions was your opponent, and we not know in the early game on the new table his range and line draw, but if the table a short 6 max the any A X play more aggressive than in 9 max and there and truth could be ACE, but only why on the second the street you not rearranged his, and gave plodding until the end of , need to was rearranging on the second the street, I would so made. Most likely on the 1st street we have the best hand, only eight percent of the flop falls set, and 10 and q we block the set, so even less than 8%. To understand whether we are ahead on the second street, too, realizing what position he raised before the flop, and if utg 1 is that there may be a ACE, a 9, I wouldn't believe so to put all the streets with nine having the chance to become a straight 5-10 % on the last street. I don't believe in 333... shorter on the first two streets I would lean in their favor, and would put a lot on 2 street,

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 4bet on the flop and called allin, but after the turn and river call, fold to any bet

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would play 4bet on the flop and called allin, but after the turn and river call, fold to any bet
Agreed. Especially given your assessment of his being on tilt. It looks very much like he is in love with his Ax. The 4bet should stop him.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you think hes on tilt as you just sat down?
Would fold QTo preflop (even against a maniac) on the SB your OOP and will have a problem deciding if you hit top pair if your top pair bad kicker is any good.

Flop:
Would not bet out here (but I dont have any lead bets here). As played would normally reraise his raise and lead on the turn, but could also just call his raise.

Turn:
Not the best card for you KQ and KK as well as AJ now beat you. Would lead out here. As played would probably just call.

River:
The worst card for your holding would fold as played.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
3bet or fold preflop (< this is typically what I'm doing there in this situation).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker