Hi,

Hero in MP with KhQs and bets 1,50
Button calls. Blinds fold. Pot is 3,75

Flop is 2s5hQd
Hero bets 1,50 Button calls. Pot is 6,75

Turn is 8d
Hero bets 3,00 Button calls. Pot is 13,75

River is Ad
Hero checks. Button bets 7,00. Hero thinks ****. Hero thinks a bit more.

Hero folds.

I bet preflop thinking i might hit something or pick up the blinds

I bet flop because i had top pair and good kicker. Villain can have an Ax and call, villain can have a Q worse kicker and call. Of course villain can have a set by now. I'm not sure of anything. But i think the bet is reasonable (maybe betsizing is not good?)

I bet the turn basically for the same reasons. A lot of times, if villain has worse than me he'll fold the turn (and i hate not betting because of the free card)

I check the turn because the Ad completes flush, because it completes AK, AJ, A10, so a lot of hands that villain may have floated are now better than me.

I fold to the bet, because at these stakes it almost always means that i'm beat. Even if i fold the best hand occasionally, it does not make it profitable in the long run to call allways. (is that a reasonable assumption?)

Anyway:
I would like your comments on the way i played this hand.
And what would villain have thought given the way i played?

Regards
Robert

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Hero in MP with KhQs and bets 1,50
Button calls. Blinds fold. Pot is 3,75

Flop is 2s5hQd
Hero bets 1,50 Button calls. Pot is 6,75

Turn is 8d
Hero bets 3,00 Button calls. Pot is 13,75

River is Ad
Hero checks. Button bets 7,00. Hero thinks ****. Hero thinks a bit more.

Hero folds.

I bet preflop thinking i might hit something or pick up the blinds

I bet flop because i had top pair and good kicker. Villain can have an Ax and call, villain can have a Q worse kicker and call. Of course villain can have a set by now. I'm not sure of anything. But i think the bet is reasonable (maybe betsizing is not good?)

I bet the turn basically for the same reasons. A lot of times, if villain has worse than me he'll fold the turn (and i hate not betting because of the free card)

I check the turn because the Ad completes flush, because it completes AK, AJ, A10, so a lot of hands that villain may have floated are now better than me.

Ok, A-K, A-J, A-10 are all pretty unlikely, without some sort of read or history, it's doubtful this villain sees the river with most of these hands. The only exception would be if he floats you with Ad-Xd, or Kd-Xd on the flop, then he is hooked on the turn. Also, without a read or history of thsee types of shenanigans, pretty unlikely. If he has a flush, it is something like 3d-4d or some pair on the flop that contains 2 diamonds. Also pretty unlikely.

Bet sizing was a bit small. Bet 75%+ pot on the turn, clamp it down (but I don't know stack sizes, need those), or check call turn.

Given the line, and bets you made, he probably thinks you have a shitty queen, or PP like JJ or less. I think he probably has 2x, 5x, Qx, 3-4, and PP himself like 6-6~10-10.

You could easily bet/fold this river to any aggression (as played). He probably calls with Qx that you beat, and even PP and 5x maybe, and he raises you with flushes and 2p+. So you fold to any river raise.

3/4 pot on the flop.

I think check/calling turn and pot controlling is ok. I don't know if you can really get 2 streets of value on this board from worse, unless this dude is a station. But if you check turn, it gives this guy a chance to bluff. And if he checks back, you just gained some valuable information. He doesn't have Qx, he doesn't have you beat on this turn.

Not to mention, if he does check back, you can check/call a much smaller bet on the river to bluff-catch.

Need stack sizes for river play.

As played, call river. He thinks you will fold. He probably doesn't have you beat, and if so it may be 3-4 for straight. However, I feel strangely confident your weak bet sizing is the reason he is betting this river. I think you had him.

I fold to the bet, because at these stakes it almost always means that i'm beat. Even if i fold the best hand occasionally, it does not make it profitable in the long run to call allways. (is that a reasonable assumption?)

Anyway:
I would like your comments on the way i played this hand.
And what would villain have thought given the way i played?

Regards
Robert

See above. I've inserted a few things.

Folding in Poker