$50 NLHE Full Ring: Busted by a fish or am I the fish ?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 9 players

BTN: 100 BB
Hero (SB): 100 BB
BB: 106.44 BB
UTG: 127.6 BB
UTG+1: 82.98 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 5)
MP: 106.86 BB
MP+1: 102.62 BB
MP+2: 282.32 BB
CO: 146.14 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J J

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10.5 BB, fold, UTG+1 calls 8 BB

Marked my opponent as a fish as he did not rebuy automatically.

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) 3 5 6

Excellent flop for my hand so I Cbet.

Hero bets 15.04 BB, UTG+1 calls 15.04 BB

Turn: (52.08 BB, 2 players) 4

He called flop bet so what can he have ?
AA and KK are not likely as he did not 4-Bet preflop nor raised the flop bet (there is a flush draw out). Decided to stick by my first analyses he's is just a fish so I went all-in.
Hero bets 74.46 BB and is all-in, UTG+1 calls 57.44 BB and is all-in

River: (166.96 BB, 2 players) A

[spoil]UTG+1 wins 162.96 BB

Say what :eek:
He has A6s what a fish :D
[/spoil]

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see folds by the fish otf. I like the bet otf but ott 4 completes so many draws he can has.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still lots of over pairs and draws i would just shove the turn the effective stacks were only 82bb going into the hand and its only about a psb left.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
82 BBs makes for a strange bet sequence, so you need to bet slightly more on the flop so you can easily shove the turn. Either that or you're betting small on each street, but this flop isn't conducive to that. You don't want to lose him.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
82 BBs makes for a strange bet sequence, so you need to bet slightly more on the flop so you can easily shove the turn. Either that or you're betting small on each street, but this flop isn't conducive to that. You don't want to lose him.

True but he was only slightly more then a pot sized bet (villain only had 57 BB) and not 82 BB. So I made an over-sized bet which is polarized, but fish would not know. I used that size as it looks more like a bluff then sucking him in with a small sized bet on the turn.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop: 3bet sizing seems a little bit too big for me that's over 4X raising. Marking that person as a fish does not make sense by only for the reason he doesn't reload the stack automatically. You don't have a lot of history with him so I would like to be cautious since UTG+1 range could be strong (AJ+/88+/KQs+)

Flop: No problem. The sizing could be OK since you extract value from the 88, 99, TT hand and eliminate the hands of two over here. When he cold here I would range him as some lower pocket pair or flush draw such as KdQd, AdQd. Some loose players even will open 66 here, call 3bet, and trap your over pairs.

Turn: I don't see other more profitable option other than jamming. You are way ahead or way behind (cold QQ, 77). Still, the lower pocket pair is in tough spot which can balance your bluff like AK, some AQ.

River: Just a bad beat.

Feeling like you post this hand to try to get some comfort.....Not so many things to talk about this hand.... Just don't be tilt and play your A-game..

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Marking that person as a fish does not make sense by only for the reason he doesn't reload the stack automatically.

Feeling like you post this hand to try to get some comfort.....Not so many things to talk about this hand.... Just don't be tilt and play your A-game..

Fish or no fish as the title explains is the main question I have.
My point here is that I don' t have many hands on him and that he does not reload. On the level I play one must identify fish quickly as there are a good amount of sharks that isolate those fish and try eat their stack. So the real question is not about the hand (just variance). Maybe not the correct thread here will move the question somewhere else.

Tilting:
Nah wont tilt easily :cool: