$50 NLHE 6-max: Deepstacked 3b pot River play?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars - $2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 141.5 BB
BTN: 204.5 BB
Hero (SB): 372 BB
BB: 108.5 BB
UTG: 135.5 BB
MP: 35.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ah 3h
fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 12 BB

Flop : (34 BB, 2 players) 5c 2h 8h
Hero bets 13.5 BB, BTN calls 13.5 BB

Turn : (61 BB, 2 players) 4s
Hero bets 41.5 BB, BTN calls 41.5 BB

River : (144 BB, 2 players) Ac

V is running 20/16/7 fold to 3b-76
This is 60NL ish
The river is probably the worst card for me to get value from anything he has.

The thing is I'd hope everything that'd call a river jam to bet if we checked & at the same time he could bluff with his busted draws. So I think we get more value from checking

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would generally agree that checking is the best line vs busted draws but you block many of them with the Ah. And now TT-QQ aren't betting on the Ac for value so i think i like jamming myself here. And hopefully im repping enough busted draws myself that TT-KK can make a hero call down on the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am confused, what stake this is? The headline say 50NL but the text 2NL. Regardless of stakes I am going all in on the river, but for different reasons.

If this is 50NL, the Villains range here is mostly overpairs, and he is not going to bet those on the river for you. At the same time, he will be good enough to think in ranges and understand, that the A is a good card for you to continue bluffing on, and that he dont have many good hands to defend with, so he might hero you with some of his pocket pairs.

If this is 2NL, then the A will actually have hit the Villain sometimes, and he will not be able to fold, when he just made that top pair. But he will also not bet it if checked to, so again the best line is go all in and hope to get paid.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused, what stake this is?.

it's $60NL as I've written in the bottom.
The games run in chips so when hand is imported it get shown as $, which here is 200NL for 200 chips

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok that makes sense. The whole thought process seemed a bit advanced also for 2NL, if you get, what I mean ;)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok that makes sense. The whole thought process seemed a bit advanced also for 2NL, if you get, what I mean ;)

it's not 2nl in the hand history tho. it's 200NL. If it's 2NL then it'd show as $0.02NL (6max) :D

ZaphodB

ZaphodB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your bet sizing on the flop is pretty small, especially given stack sizes.