$5 NLHE 6-max: Turn decision for AKo. Was it right?

T

Topodemar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!

I think I am happy with my pre-flop and flop decisions here. I am not so sure about the Turn desition though. Unfortunately I did not have enough hands of the Villain (just 8 hands with VP25/PR13/3B33/AF infinite).

I would like to know your thought and ways to improve.

Thanks in advance!

Ignition - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BB): 152.6 BB
UTG: 98.6 BB
MP: 0 BB
CO 97 BB
BTN: 190.6 BB
SB: 104.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K A

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) BTN has 5 3

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, BTN calls 9 BB, SB calls 9 BB

Flop: (36 BB, 3 players) 5 5 A
SB checks, Hero bets 25.6 BB, BTN calls 25.6 BB, fold

Turn: (87.2 BB, 2 players) 3
Hero bets 41.6 BB, BTN raises to 83.2 BB, Hero raises to 115 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 31.8 BB

River: (317.2 BB, 2 players) 5
BTN shows 5 3 (Four of a Kind, Fives)

BTN wins 301.4 BB
[/ SPOILER]

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go a little bigger pre as it's a squeeze so your 4x or 12bb plus 3bb for the caller making it 15bb. Postflop i dont think you need to shove the turn just call the turn and call the river. But i cant really fault you getting it in here maybe the bet sizing is a little large though. you could go 1/3p on the flop and turn and jam the river but i guess im nitpicking a little bit.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind sizing pre. I think flop is too large though. V shouldn't have many 5s here and we have no flush draw to charge. Shouldn't be worried about straights either. 1/3 - 1/2 max on flop. Turn 1/2 sized bet is fine, but I don't see a reason to jam. If V picked up diamonds maybe you will get paid but otherwise all the hands you beat will fold and all the hands that beat you will call.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre looks fine. What are you unsure about on the turn decision? You're only beat by one combo (AA). He happened to be a donk who got lucky, but you're always going broke in that spot.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think preflop could be larger like 14 to 15BB. Flop and Turn cbet I am fine with the size to get paid from weaker Ace, but I will mix with smaller sizing from time to time. Facing Turn min check raise is very tough but I believe villian could have 65s at this stack depth and NL5 likely underbluff here.

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a bigger preflop squeeze, like people in front of me mentioned, to like 15bb... There has a been a cold caller, plus you're out of position postflop.

Flop, I'd go smaller, because the texture isn't drawy and it being 3way, the pot is bigger, so it's super likely you're getting the stacks in by the river. But these are just small nuances, you've made no big mistakes.

What happened is just a cooler, don't let it discourage you on your path. The villain is a lucky donk, be happy to have him at your table, he will give you his stack back and then some :)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a bigger preflop squeeze, like people in front of me mentioned, to like 15bb... There has a been a cold caller, plus you're out of position postflop

+1
Which is something i didn't mention is being oop for the raise size. When were ip i prefer the standard 9x 3bet + 3bb for the cold caller making it 12bb. But oop i would go with 4x 3bet and 3bb for the cold caller making it 15bb.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go a little bigger pre as it's a squeeze so your 4x or 12bb plus 3bb for the caller making it 15bb. Postflop i dont think you need to shove the turn just call the turn and call the river. But i cant really fault you getting it in here maybe the bet sizing is a little large though. you could go 1/3p on the flop and turn and jam the river but i guess im nitpicking a little bit.

Agree with this, 15bb preflop, smaller on the flop and then turn is fine.