$5 NLHE 6-max: How would u have played this.

L

luser94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 21/18/3

PokerStars - ₹5 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

SB: 33.24 BB
BB: 98.49 BB
Hero (UTG): 224.56 BB
CO: 101.4 BB
BTN: 104.36 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10.4 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 9.4 BB, Hero calls 7.4 BB

Flop: (31.6 BB, 3 players) 8:diamond: 2:club: 6:diamond:
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets 22.63 BB, fold, Hero calls 22.63 BB

Turn: (76.87 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (76.87 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
Hero checks, CO bets 22 BB, fold

CO wins 73.41 BB

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your line is standard. Nice hand, well played. One alternate line is to donk flop, barrel turn and check / fold river.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Your actions in this situation are correct, the opponent probably managed to collect a flush, but bluffing in this situation can also not be excluded from sight. In any case, this is only my personal opinion, friends. ;) :)

L

luser94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank You

Your actions in this situation are correct, the opponent probably managed to collect a flush, but bluffing in this situation can also not be excluded from sight. In any case, this is only my personal opinion, friends. ;) :)

Thank you for your great opinion Mr. Stroke.

L

luser94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will consider next time.

I think your line is standard. Nice hand, well played. One alternate line is to donk flop, barrel turn and check / fold river.

I think you are right, i will consider in future, Thank You.!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably play this the same way. It sucks to fold to such a small bet on the river (relative to the pot), but we are probably just always paying off his flush, if we give it action. I think, he go bigger, if he was turning his hand into a bluff.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is a bit of an annoying runout. Based on the end line, villain probably has to have AK here, maybe AQ...and it's so easy for one or both to be a diamond. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he hit the flush on the turn and hoped you'd catch something to call on the river. Maybe you can 4bet pre, with BB calling I might consider it but it's going to end with you getting stacked a lot, flipping a lot, and occasionally getting a few hands to lay down. I probably play the same as you, except I might call river because it's a fairly small bet. Does he have AK or AQ off with no diamond here 20-30% of the time? Probably not, it probably would be a bad play but I would probably call river.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NH. Not much else you can do here, and the fact he checked on the turn widens his single diamond range.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think is everything ok. There is not too much to do.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played well but we need to see 3bet PF to say more precisely. Lot of 5NL regulars will have much more stronger hand than your JJ and it's better to play for the setEV.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to see the villain's 3-bet frequency. One of the most untidy situations is to end up with jacks in a 3-bet pot without a position. Against a TAG player, small things come to the fore. Both fold and 4-bet preflop are possible here. But calling here is a standard game if you don't know anything about your opponent. On the flop, I would consider a Donk bet to slow down the opponent's attacking fervor if they have AK or AQ. A check call is an acceptable option, but think about what kind of flop would be ideal for you beyond that? If you play passively on the flop, you will be exploited on high-card flops as well. The turn is played correctly, however, as well as the river, which killed the action.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played. If opponent 3bets and c bets alot you might consider a check raise in the flop, but 95% of the time i play it the same.