$5 NLHE 6-max: Doubts about Cbet or Not w/ Underpair!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 24.68, PFR: 16.99, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Fold to F CBet: 56, Hands: 320)
BB: 198.6 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T T

Hero raises to 2.2 BB, SB calls 1.8 BB, fold

Flop: (5.4 BB, 2 players) 7 A Q
SB checks, Hero ???

What would you make in this spot?
CBet for protection or Check Back, and why?
I think against a Reg there is no value to extract here, but this board is a little bit dangerous for me and think I can't see a cheap showdown most of the time.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 24.68, PFR: 16.99, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Fold to F CBet: 56, Hands: 320)
BB: 198.6 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T T

Hero raises to 2.2 BB, SB calls 1.8 BB, fold

Flop: (5.4 BB, 2 players) 7 A Q
SB checks, Hero ???

What would you make in this spot?
CBet for protection or Check Back, and why?
I think against a Reg there is no value to extract here, but this board is a little bit dangerous for me and think I can't see a cheap showdown most of the time.

I almost always C-bet in this spot, I would C-bet 1/4th pot. Checking back gives us no value against FD's and Straight draws and puts us in a tricky spot on the turn no matter what cards comes.

dunkyhory

dunkyhory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would cbet SB's range is usually pretty weak small pairs and some suited connectors.It also allows you to realise your hands full equity ip. As SB will almost always check the turn as'well if they call the flop allowing you to check and see a river.I would just go something like 1/2p maybe even just 2bb into 5.4bb achieves what you want.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would cBet small about 1/3 pot to represent the A. SB just called preflop and did not 3 bet so you have a range advantage on this board. If he calls your cBet would proceed cautiously.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think TT is too good hand vs weak range to just give up and bluff, especially when there are only K and J left that are annoying and we have position too.

Last edited:
G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: Doubts about Cbet or Not w/ Underpair!

We have range and nut advantage plus a ton of bluffs on this board, my default would be to polar at .8psb. This combo would be used at a low frequency in my estimation and mostly because it offers good bd equity with some future bluff catching qualities.

I’d certainly be looking to put pressure on here though.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GTO+ suggest No CB

I would think calling turn mostly is fine in 6max when they bet with anything there.

Last edited:
dunkyhory

dunkyhory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GTO+ suggest No CB

I would think calling turn mostly is fine in 6max when they bet with anything there.

I don't use solvers but an issue I do see is that solvers base it on playing Vs an opponent that is playing GTO also.At least I believe that's the case so it's possibly not actually the optimal line in every situation if your opponent doesn't play at least close to GTO.I may be wrong on that though.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@dunkyhory you are right imo. But asking questions from divine oracle might give us usable clues, so it has more than zero value in micros imo.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually Cbet in this spot since the villain did not raise pre his range won't be super strong. Checking practically turns your hand face up and tell villain that with some aggression he can steal the pot