re: Poker & $400 NLHE Full Ring: Live $2/$4 - Getting min-raised on flop with TPTK
Originally Posted by jsh169
Hey Matt, just curious where you live? One thing I hate about our live game, it basically goes from 1-3 to 5-10, which is absolutely retarded. It still is a 2-5, but everyone straddles, and instantly stacks up to 75%, yes this is a weird occasion during the circuit, but near 60k on the table for 2-5, I mean wth. Its always extremely deep, obviously not to that level, but it is FAR from a 2-5 game.
I live in Melbourne, Australia
. The casino I go to (Crown Casino) is where the Aussie Millions are held. The games here are very unorthodox. They are:
- $1/$2 with a buy-in from $40 to $80 (really retarded imo because you're forced to play with a 40bb maximum stack size)
- $1/$3 with a buy-in from $50 to $200 (you read that right: you can buy in for as little as 17bb, and the max BI is only 67bb unfortunately)
- $2/$4 with a buy-in from $200 to $400 (the lowest game with proper buy-in amounts)
- $5/$5 with a buy-in from $300 to $700 (this game is generally played with a $10 straddle, so it's essentially a $5/$10 game with slightly shorter stack sizes)
- $5/$10/$20 with a buy-in from $600 to $2000 (this is essentially a $10/$20 game and there's never more than 1 table open at a time... it's basically a bumhunting regfest where a group of guys all pick on a few whales and then the table breaks after the whales leave).