$2000 NLHE Full Ring: Ran a wheel into Broadway??

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is TAG, seems to play a strong game. Only uses coordinated bluffs, seems aware of his image. Over-uses the c-bet in certain spots. 650 BB

Hero is LAG, been playing lots of hands, ran one big bluff that got picked off. 525 BB

Action folds to villain in MP
Villain raises to 60
Folds to CO, Co calls.
Bttn calls.
SB folds
Hero calls in BB with 5h4h

Flop: Ah 2h Qs Pot: 240

Hero checks
Villain bets 175
CO folds, Bttn folds.
Hero calls.

Turn: 3c Pot: 590

Hero checks
Villain bets 400
Hero calls.

River: Ts Pot: 1390

Hero checks
Villain bets 750
Hero raises to 2100
Villain raises to 9000
Hero?

Yikes! Did I just run a wheel into broadway?
I feel like the action up to the river was fairly normal. He usually fires one on the flop, then decides what to do on the turn. When I checked to him I expected the second barrel. The river was not the greatest card, now KJ has made Broadway. I check raise and he fires right back. What do I do?

I have a really hard time folding because only 16 combos of KJ have me beat. 3 AA, 3 QQ and 3 22 combos probably felt fairly safe up until the river, but I feel like at least 22 would probably call the c-raise instead of re-raising here. AQ also caught a good flop and definitely goes 3 streets, but I have a hard time envisioning the re-raise.

He can definitely fire the second barrel with KJ, i have seen him do it in another spot that was similar. He has equity still with the draw and also has fold equity against a sticky Q.

What do you do? I fold face up and he shows KhJh. Is this super nitty? I just felt like it was hard to raise me back without having either (maybe) AA or the straight.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a tuff spot without nuts obv .against a thinker lag capable big bluffs i wouldnt rule out him having Jh10h or,Qh10h turned to bluff ,Kh10h,and offsuit Broadway's ect all his missed draws with blockers repping the nuts

but also its if he thinks you could fold 2pair or bottom set or top pair ever like then hes gotta think hes repping sets too as played.but yeah 22 is a call from him whe check raised . But what do i know i wassnt there

i call 30% of the time and its a decent fold but its hard to put him on the hearts because of your holdings obv

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way you described the opponent my thought was that he might have had KhJh before I saw it. As that is about the only hand that has loads of equity flush draw picking up a gut-shot on the turn (besides perhaps AA) that could make this line on the river besides a complete bluff.
I would have a difficult time thinking that he villain can do this with any KJ holding though as it was a 4 way pot so I would probably call off as 45 is the best none nut hand one can have on the river.

I find it therefor nitty on the river, but if you think he will not do this as a bluff and/or e.g. AA then folding is the best option?