Allphredt (MP): $1.88 (94 bb)
Derek Mor (MP+1): $0.61 (31 bb)
CrazyyParis (LP): $2.01 (101 bb)
sapr.549 (CO): $2.05 (103 bb)
Refoldermann (BU): $2.27 (114 bb)
Patremstars (SB): $0.85 (43 bb)
HummerIII (BB): $1.69 (85 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Allphredt) is MP with 9 9
Lovelock104 (UTG) raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Allphredt (MP) 3-bets to $0.10, 6 players fold, Lovelock104 (UTG) calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.23) 8 K 7 (2 players)
Lovelock104 (UTG) checks, Allphredt (MP) bets $0.11, Lovelock104 (UTG) raises to $0.44, Allphredt (MP) calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.11) 3 (2 players)
Lovelock104 (UTG) bets $0.71, Allphredt (MP) folds

Total pot: $1.11 (Rake: $0.04)
Lovelock104 (UTG) wins $1.07

I'm quite a newbie and don't know what went wrong. Should I have folded before the turn?
This is my first posted hand. Is it okay the way I did it?
Thanks in advance, folks! :)

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome :) Few observations from an intermediate player.

Make your 3 bet a worthwhile size. I like about 3x or slightly higher, some players are happy doing 4x (or even higher live I believe). You have almost no fold equity at all with a min 3 bet, villain is just coming along for the ride no matter what his hole cards. And the times you are ahead and get to showdown you have missed out on creating a large pot. These two things combined are going to mean your 3 betting is not as profitable as it could be, if it is at all.

I think 3 betting 99 is fine if that is part of your range. I have slightly more polarised range personally. So either a call or a 3 bet is ok here imo.

C bet following your 3 bet is also fine for me on that flop (or it would be if your sizing was better), but I'd be more tempted to be slightly above 50% rather than slightly below. Wouldn't go higher than about 2/3 pot here. I really hate the reraise from a villain who opened from UTG with presumably a tight range, and I probably fold here playing microstakes - unless I have a particular read or stats on the villain.

As played I'd have folded the turn also.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
UTG's range is very narrow in this case and usually you are beat. Your initial call would be for set mining purposes. Once you hit the flop with second-best pair, there's arguably no sense to continue here. You have no draws realistically to improve with. I would put your villain on JJ+, AK, very rarely AQ trying to bluff you off your weak pair.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet bigger, atleast 3x opponents open on this stakes with both value&bluffs, min 3betting accomplishes nothing and they wont be making any mistakes against this and you wont be making any money by doing this in the long run, flop bet sizing is fine, you can size down abit aswell but on 2nl that might induce more c/r bluffs so little below half pot/half pot is fine, once he check raises call is pretty normal but you can argue for a fold here, folding turn is pretty standard aswell, so not much point in analyzing the hand coz all the mistakes you did happend preflop and thats a big one so you should really look to improve on your preflop play, checking flop in position also isnt that bad you can sometimes do this with AA KK and sets aswell as some of those middling pairs like 99s that you have to balance it out, but yeah if you decide to bet it thats fine aswell

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just call pre-flop or if you're 3-betting, it needs to be a bit larger.

As played, fold on the flop. You really should be checking a large % of your range on that flop as well. But really, once he CR's you after having opened UTG and calling your small 3-bet, you have no reason to continue that I can see from your post.

A

Allphredt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot for all the answers, guys! :icon_thum

Alone, I would never have come up with the solution for my mistake. You were very helpful!