$2 NLHE 6-max: Would you call or fold this hand? 2

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 seat, micro stakes cash game, villain is utg+1 and can be aggressive.
I am on the button with 10h 9d and call a 2 big blind raise, we go heads up to the flop.
Flop: 7 A 9 - all hearts, villain checks and i raise 3/4 pot, villain calls.
Turn: 8c - i have flush and straight draw with 2nd pair, i bet half the pot and villain calls.
River: 9s - i have trips and villain bets the full pot.
Would you call or fold? Or even re raise, i never would as im only getting called by a flush imo.
I called and he showed 44.
How would you have played this hand in terms of bet sizes or checking? My plan on the river was to check if the villain checked again, thinking back i dont think he would check a flush so should have bet maybe 2/5 pot for value and fold to a re raise.
Let me know your opinions please :)

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called, given we have goodish hand and it just would feel stupid to fold (kinda fish thinking from my part)

I would not have won that much, I would have played bet-check-call against unknown, 2str value vs TP is good enough for me.

Last edited:
C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called can't fold trips to that bet. If you raise your only getting called by better hands

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% check turn. You don't want to get check raised and have to fold. Also, don't post results in HH or you are going to get biased advice.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why build a big pot with a weakish hand. Would not even bet 3/4 pot on flop but would make it 1/2 pot or something like it, could even just check it back.

On turn just check (your flush draw might not be good at all) he called your 3/4 pot bet on the flop what will he fold to your 1/2 pot bet that called on the turn?

On the river I don't like it but would make the call as some people just overvalue top pair good kicker or might bluff with a mist flush draw.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold Preflop T9o to raise from EP.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mate only re-raise or fold pre-flop I think. 10 and 9 isn’t monster hand

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold pre-flop.

I would probably check back flop to keep pot small.

I am betting the turn for about half.

River is easy call. Raising would only get called by better hands.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a fold preflop would be a better play; however, on the river, we should min-raise his bet because it didn't make sense at all for him to bet out this river; so, if you min-raise his river bet and got re-raise all in, we have to rethink his whole range from preflop to the river and his action on each street...we probably have to call his jam because if he is an aggressive player, he won't check KK, QQ, JJ, 1010, 88, 77, AA, KQs, KJs, K10s, K9s on that flop; or he would raise you on the turn with 1010, JJ, 88, 77, AA, KQs, KJs, K10s, K9s if he is aggressive. I picked those hands because for the river jam, he would need to have one of those hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker