$2 NLHE 6-max: Not sure about the play.

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks any1 for advice. I assume turn play was very bad? I should bet and he would fold his sets which was his hand 99%.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.42 (121 bb)
MP (Hero): $5.07 (254 bb)
CO: $5.33 (267 bb)
BU: $2.59 (130 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.49 (125 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with K K
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.05, CO 3-bets to $0.11, 3 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.26, CO calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) Q J T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.26, CO raises to $1.04, Hero calls $0.78

Turn: ($2.63) A (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.63) T (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, MP (Hero) folds

Total pot: $2.63 (Rake: $0.13)
CO wins $2.50

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first in the pre-flop and on the flop the bets for me should have been bigger and second why check on the turn? and especially why fold on the river? You were so sure that he had called with A10, J10 or Q10, the truth is that from my point of view I do not understand this move, I would have bet harder on the pre-flop and on the flop and without a doubt would have called on the river

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I think your 4bet could be larger given the small 3bet size, playing OOP and relatively deep stacked.

Flop: 4bet range is typically uncapped for both aggressor and caller so you don't really have a range/nut advantage here. Without Kd, it should be a check-call. Villain shouldn't raise here against 50% pot bet size as well given you can have all AK combos.

Turn: Overbet KK can be an exploitative play here to get values from all sets. Don't mind check-raise all-in with KK though.

River : Sadly it is a check-fold. Fairly unlikely villain would raise-check-bet AK.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop 4 bet should be to about 25 BBs

Certainly bet the turn.

River certainly isn't a fist pump call, but I think given the turn play, at least has to be a call.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks any1 for advice. I assume turn play was very bad? I should bet and he would fold his sets which was his hand 99%.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.42 (121 bb)
MP (Hero): $5.07 (254 bb)
CO: $5.33 (267 bb)
BU: $2.59 (130 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.49 (125 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with K K
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.05, CO 3-bets to $0.11, 3 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.26, CO calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) Q J T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.26, CO raises to $1.04, Hero calls $0.78

Turn: ($2.63) A (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.63) T (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, MP (Hero) folds

Total pot: $2.63 (Rake: $0.13)
CO wins $2.50

Complicated situation at least. We can be jamming OTF since we are blocking almost all the possible made straights (AK) that Villain could have. Plus, some players can be calling with AK or simply jamming, but this is not a regular spot, both players are with deep stacks and this changes the situation a lot.

What is going to happen here most of times is that CO has a lot of hands that could have cold called 4-bet IP, such as QJs, TT, JJ, QQ, so in one hand we know that CO (almost) never has the nuts for a situation like this, thus it should not be raising, because MP/Hero will have much more AK than CO right now.
Villain's check OTT is strange.
OTR we should be calling this almost always, we have a very strong hand that might justify our call and if we consider that both players checked the turn, it could for pot control and for a possible river calling situation, given a fair price, and I think Villain/CO gave us a very juicy price and we should be calling here more often than folding.
We are losing for QQ, JJ, and TT, hands that had raised OTF, this is fair way of thinking, however Villain CO can have more hands than just the nutted us and sometimes we are going to be surprised to check some freakin' AJ doing this action OTR because we check turn as well.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, in this game I will go allin on the turn, there are some cards that can make his hand better, if we put him in a range of TT+, QJs+, AK there are the possibility of the river gives a chance to improve his hand, or to bluff.

After put all this money in these hand you at least need to make a read of the villains and the board, there are a lot of bluff in his hand, I in his place will make the same move with a wide range.

P

pandapower99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I think your 4bet could be larger given the small 3bet size, playing OOP and relatively deep stacked.

Flop: 4bet range is typically uncapped for both aggressor and caller so you don't really have a range/nut advantage here. Without Kd, it should be a check-call. Villain shouldn't raise here against 50% pot bet size as well given you can have all AK combos.

Turn: Overbet KK can be an exploitative play here to get values from all sets. Don't mind check-raise all-in with KK though.

River : Sadly it is a check-fold. Fairly unlikely villain would raise-check-bet AK.
Have to disagree with this. This is an easy call. We are going to be beat quite a bit but we only need to be right 25% of the time for this call to be profitable. Villain is going to have alot of FH but he will also have 2 pairs and straights

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have to disagree with this. This is an easy call. We are going to be beat quite a bit but we only need to be right 25% of the time for this call to be profitable. Villain is going to have alot of FH but he will also have 2 pairs and straights

I agree: it is fairly possible to Villain to have 25% of bluffs on a river like this, or even more, because both checked the turn, so it is common for players to try to steal the pot more often than they should, and weaker players are going to transform strong value hands into bluffs in these types of rivers, so let's be attentive.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing good in this hand, nothing nice :D. "Whatever" hand. Borderline decisions. You play bad and well at the same time :). I mean "whatever". Just go AI OTF or donk shove OTT...Make it easy...Or fold OTF. "Whatever...