MP: $2.97 (148.5 bb)
CO: $2.27 (113.5 bb)

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts $0.02
Pre Flop:(pot: $0.03)Hero has Ad5d
2 folds,CO raises to $0.07, BTN calls $0.07,Herocalls $0.06, fold

Need to call 0.06c for a pot that will be 0.23c = 26% equity

Flop:($0.23, 3 players):2d4::7h4::4d4:
Herochecks, CO checks, BTN checks

Flop a flush draw and gutshot straight draw -> 9+3 outs = 12 outs = roughly 48% equity
I planned to check-call at this point, but nobody took a stab at it

Turn:($0.23, 3 players):6h4:
Herochecks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn came a blank for me and I did not want to bet at this point as my equity dwindled to 24% by the river as I lost a card

River:($0.23, 3 players):qd4:
Herobets $0.14, CO calls $0.14,BTN raises to $0.43,Heroraises to $1.00, fold, BTN calls $0.57

Results: $2.37 pot ($0.08 rake)
Final Board::2d4::7h4::4d4::6h4::qd4:

Bet 60% of pot

What will call me?
Flop & turn action can discount any sets except QQ
Marginal made hands: Qx, 7x, 88-JJ, marginal flushes (thinking 9x and lower?)

What will raise me?
Flushes Tx-Kx?

When facing this raise with the nuts I was faced with a problem.. I bet, the CO called, then the BTN raised.
I narrowed the BTN range to decent made flushes, however I wanted the CO to call. I think that is the reasoning behind my min-raise here.

Question 1 - As the SB caller in a multi way pot and it coming 274 two diamonds, should I be building the pot with the nut flush draw or check-calling? If I build the pot and miss on the river, do you bomb this for 100BB or check and give up?

Question 2 - When reviewing the hand now looking at the BTN range I have him on Kx-Jx of diamonds. I am not sure if the BTN would call if I bombed the river, but his 3x raise here makes me think he might have. Is this a mandatory shove here or did I do something good going for thin value?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also 3 bet this hand pre but I don't mind the call.

The turn is not a blank, you need to start building this pot before the river. Flop x is fine but after the flop checks through and when you pick up an open ender to go with your nut flush draw and A high you need to bet and call a raise. Then if we still get to 3 bet on the river the pot is much larger and stacks may be in play. Also to your sizing question the min raise is way to conservative. No one is going to 3 realistically 3 bet you without the Ad so just go for value. 3x is fine but I think I would go for either 4x or jam. As played the nut flush draw should have flop or turn so jamming seems really attractive. If he's raising over your lead and a flat call without a flush then you weren't going to get much called anyway.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Especially against a large open raise like this, I am pretty sure, you are losing money long term by calling with a suited wheel ace. This is for me 100% a fold or 3-bet spot, and since A5s is the absolutely best hand of any for a 3-bet bluff, I would need a very strong reason to do anything else. By this I mean, that if you dont bluff with this hand, then per definition you have zero bluffs, which is extremely unbalanced.

Might not be a big deal at 2NL, but for sure something you need to think about, when you move up. And since 2NL is only for practicing or having fun, why not start to develop the theoretically correct and sound strategies already now. This is not the worst call in the world, but what I am getting at is this: Please stop pressing that "call" button all the time. Get into a habit of being the one controlling the action as often as possible instead, and this starts preflop.

Flop
As played this would not be a bad texture for a donk bet, but checking is also fine. You can do anything here other than check-folding. Check-calling and check-raising also both works.

Turn
When it checked through, you should semibluff here, especially when you picked up additional equity.

River
This is a great spot for an overbet jam. He should have either a bluff or a flush to raise you on the river, and at 2NL people are just never folding a flush for any price. But he is not going to 4-bet you either, so you can not rely on him playing your hand for you. This is a fairly important point as well. We dont make nutted hands very often, and its even more rare, that we cooler our opponents with them. So when it happen, we need to squeeze the maximum out of it every single time. If he had a flush and any money left behind at showdown, its an absolutely criminal mistake :)

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker