$2 NLHE 6-max: AT oop against minraiser + 2 callers

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop I was confused on what to do... turn I should just call, I know.

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 109.5 BB
CO: 84 BB
BTN: 100 BB
SB: 206 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: A:heart:

fold, CO raises to 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, CO calls 7 BB, BTN calls 7 BB, fold

Flop: (29 BB, 3 players) 5:diamond: A:spade: Q:club:
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: (29 BB, 3 players) J:spade:
Hero checks, CO bets 29 BB, fold, Hero raises to 91 BB and is all-in, CO calls 46 BB and is all-in

River: (179 BB, 2 players) K:spade:

CO shows K:club: J:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks)
(Pre 40%, Flop 13%, Turn 11%)
Hero shows T:diamond: A:heart: (Straight, Ace High)
(Pre 60%, Flop 87%, Turn 89%)
Hero wins 170.5 BB

2 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure why you checked both flop and turn. From the looks of it, you were trying to induce, but getting all in with your hand (without specific reads on villain) seems pretty thin.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I'm not sure why you checked both flop and turn. From the looks of it, you were trying to induce, but getting all in with your hand (without specific reads on villain) seems pretty thin.

He has a straight - not very thin since it is the nuts.

Just call pre.flop.

If you just have called often check the flop since you check a lot of your range OOP

But you did 3-bet. So a bet on the flop is more natural - but check sometimes for deception and pot control.

Definitely bet the turn after it got checked on the flop.

Usually just call on the turn to keep his bluffs and weaker hands in - but since you are OOP you either have to check the river and hopes he bluffs or donk big (you also don't like a spade or a paired board).

So going all-in especially OOP is OK at lest some of the time.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He has a straight - not very thin since it is the nuts.

Just call pre.flop.

If you just have called often check the flop since you check a lot of your range OOP

But you did 3-bet. So a bet on the flop is more natural - but check sometimes for deception and pot control.

Definitely bet the turn after it got checked on the flop.

Usually just call on the turn to keep his bluffs and weaker hands in - but since you are OOP you either have to check the river and hopes he bluffs or donk big (you also don't like a spade or a paired board).

So going all-in especially OOP is OK at lest some of the time.

When all the money goes in on the turn, he doesn't have the straight, and I still think it's pretty thin.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise bigger preflop and with the action preflop there are not many hands that beat you on the flop so bet the flop (you can beat some Ax and most As that beat you would have raised pre).
Yes turn just call and shove river.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If situation is unfamiliar and you don`t know how to act, always choose variant that brings less variance (so in your case calling is better).

For example if you don`t know to bet or check choose check. if you don`t know call or fold, fold in teh end of day you will do more good decisions than bad.