Is your Wife/Spouse/GF a Cooler?

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My early days of poker it didn't matter but I always tried to find ways to get her involved so she could come to love the game as much as I have. It's at the point now where we'll discussed whether or not we should fold a hand, call and raise. I've had to leave the online game to her while I go out on an errand and when I come back home she'll tell me she made it pass the bubble and won $$$.:)

BUT......Now, I'm starting to wonder....is she a Cooler!:confused: There are multiple times where I'll wake up, log on and win nearly 8 or 9 out of the 10 hands I play. Easily make it to chip leader; of the table anyway:cool:. The moment she joins me I start losing chips.:(

I wanted her to like poker enough so she wouldn't talk sh*t about me playing. I didn't figure she'd like it enough to look forward to joining me(be careful what you wish for gentlemen).

You have to understand. I can only play on American Cardroom. You can only play tournaments at home as ACR doesn't have an option where you can play tournaments on your cell phone like pokerstars. I can only play at home where she's at 24/7(stay at home mom). Moments when she does win money, I'm appreciative and I commend her but then I wonder.......could I have made more?

What say you my fellow gentlemen hustlers? What happens to your game when she comes around? Please, no women bashing language in your reply's. Just respectable, honest answers only. Thanks!:D

N

Nitro888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My early days of poker it didn't matter but I always tried to find ways to get her involved so she could come to love the game as much as I have. It's at the point now where we'll discussed whether or not we should fold a hand, call and raise. I've had to leave the online game to her while I go out on an errand and when I come back home she'll tell me she made it pass the bubble and won $$$.:)

BUT......Now, I'm starting to wonder....is she a Cooler!:confused: There are multiple times where I'll wake up, log on and win nearly 8 or 9 out of the 10 hands I play. Easily make it to chip leader; of the table anyway:cool:. The moment she joins me I start losing chips.:(

I wanted her to like poker enough so she wouldn't talk sh*t about me playing. I didn't figure she'd like it enough to look forward to joining me(be careful what you wish for gentlemen).

You have to understand. I can only play on American Cardroom. You can only play tournaments at home as ACR doesn't have an option where you can play tournaments on your cell phone like PokerStars. I can only play at home where she's at 24/7(stay at home mom). Moments when she does win money, I'm appreciative and I commend her but then I wonder.......could I have made more?

What say you my fellow gentlemen hustlers? What happens to your game when she comes around? Please, no women bashing language in your reply's. Just respectable, honest answers only. Thanks!:D

I had one very fun or sad story. Several years ago me and my GF were travelling and a hotel where we've been stayed organized the game. She learned rules on our way to the table. Eight players, prize was a bottle of Jack Daniels :) While we were walking there I repeated many times "If I'am calling or betting drop cards". So we started the game and in my first attempt to steal bank with AJs I wen't all-in. She replied "I go all-in TOO" with 52o. Beautiful combination for pre-flop. All other players folded. So she took 2 pairs and kicked me out of the game. The next two hands she lost stack. Since then we have never played together. And broke up a while after. Thank god!

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can appreciate how nice it is to have her take an interest in what you are doing. You are a very lucky person. However, don't you think there is an ethical problem with receiving advice from a third party?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am not married, but on occasion, I try to get my girlfriends interested in poker, although for the most part the game bores them after 15 minutes.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's cool. It's nice that she can win too. I tried getting my wife into Poker. She didn't have the Patience. Also, I don't think your wife is a cooler.. lol

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had one very fun or sad story. Several years ago me and my GF were travelling and a hotel where we've been stayed organized the game. She learned rules on our way to the table. Eight players, prize was a bottle of Jack Daniels :) While we were walking there I repeated many times "If I'am calling or betting drop cards". So we started the game and in my first attempt to steal bank with AJs I wen't all-in. She replied "I go all-in TOO" with 52o. Beautiful combination for pre-flop. All other players folded. So she took 2 pairs and kicked me out of the game. The next two hands she lost stack. Since then we have never played together. And broke up a while after. Thank god!
hahahaha a very funny situation friend, maybe it was not at the time but today in the distance is a nice anecdote keke health