can you share the attention of poker with other things?

A

Aline da silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can not divide the game's attention with anything. Because ? good for many things are difficult if you have attention to each of them, imagine in poker. there you need to make quick decisions that can influence the whole game.
so I do not think I can divide the attention.
and you managed to do that and still manage to win something?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not like to be distracted while playing poker.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I divide attention, but with simple things that do not affect my game a lot, unfortunately sometimes I have no option and I end up having to pay more attention to other activities.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing one or two tables with few distractions is manageable. Any more tables than that, it is little chaotic which suffers the performance.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in live poker you have to keep concentration and pay attention to your opponent, not in online poker anymore, because they are randomly drawn cards and do not think reliable.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play slots at the bingo while I play poker at the same time,It's not too difficult for me.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I always try to be as concentrated as possible during the game, and not to be distracted by trifles. For the time being I have not won a lot of money, but I am pleased that I did not lose much. For me this is an achievement.
Good luck.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think so... specially if you playing real money. you will want to see what the other players are doing so when you play them you have some ideia

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When I play poker, I just listen to music, nothing else. And then I'm not sure until the end, how much music interferes or does not interfere.

G

globetrott3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get really annoyed when my bf talks to me or tries to catch my eye.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, when I am distracted, I'll lose, so I am trying to play and always be focused on the game. But I also always listen to music during the game. Music helps me to be focused.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
football and music at low stakes

at high stakes i like to be clear with no distractions for focus

but it is hard to get motivated these days

H

hayden1009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live game I am all business but since we can not see the other players and body actions I tend to have two screens one with the game and one with netflix.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multi-tabling with the television going and my grandkids running around...not a problem, mostly. :cool:

T

tropesso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for what I have played in that little time, it is difficult to do two or more tasks while playing, too many distractions are not good for the game.
:eek:

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I play poker I watch tv, I have no problem
with that, but when my wife talks to me while I
am playing I do not do well.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play not 6 but say 2 tables I can turn on the movie in parallel and I feel fine!

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On every sit, i'm playing around 5-6tables. I really don't want any distraction. Only while playing poker i can listen to some chill music. Before i ever sit i'm making a big cup of coffee, getting water and everything i need for session like 5-8hours. Focus is the most important thing in poker i guess. When i sit playing poker, i'm putting the headphones, chill music and i'm ready for grinding. Any other distraction can make me lose.