Worst and Best Day for you to Play Poker ?

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you all have days that seem to be the worst day possible when you play ?
It seems the worst days for me are the weekends , it should be the best days.

One would think yea it's Friday ,or I have all day on Saturday and Sunday . Right .

The best days turn out to be most weekdays for me. Maybe it is because I have fewer things to do as I have made sure all the chores are done for my week days . So, when I am done work then my evenings are clear for poker and watching TV :)

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best days are when no one interferes with playing and if you still win in tournaments. The worst is Monday, after Sunday's game. :)

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best days are when no one interferes with playing and if you still win in tournaments. The worst is Monday, after Sunday's game. :)

I hear ya. Although for me the weekends are so busy with trying to get everything done that I didn't do on the weekdays - I seem to bomb out on the weekend games :(

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best days are thursday/friday, and worst day is saturday. Not sure why, maybe playing too loose against drinkers

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My best days are thursday/friday, and worst day is saturday. Not sure why, maybe playing too loose against drinkers

LOL - you should be at your best then if you are sober :) vs the drinkers ...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to my bankroll tracker it says Wednesday. My favorite days to play are Fri, Sat, and Sun.

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My worst days are friday and saturday sometime monday my best days are sunday, tuesday and wednesday

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play best between Monday and Friday with good players who know the basic game strategy. These players can be decrypted because their play is justified. The worst thing is playing on Saturdays and Sundays, because the recreational player can not be bluffed because he checks with the third or fourth pair. The recreational player raises with nothing and gets on the turn and river his magical cards giving him victory.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the worst days and among the week and the weekend when I play, but for me the best days are Saturday and Sunday because I can play a lot of tournaments and spend more time for the game and more chances to win somewhere in tournaments because me on weekdays little time for playing poker!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best day is when you are presenting more disposition and focus to play and the worst day is when the server or your internet drops, this is very frustrating.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
According to my bankroll tracker it says Wednesday. My favorite days to play are Fri, Sat, and Sun.

LOL - I wish I had One day where My Bankroll would tell me that :)

My worst days are friday and saturday sometime monday my best days are sunday, tuesday and wednesday

That gives you information to use to take advantage of .

I play best between Monday and Friday with good players who know the basic game strategy. These players can be decrypted because their play is justified. The worst thing is playing on Saturdays and Sundays, because the recreational player can not be bluffed because he checks with the third or fourth pair. The recreational player raises with nothing and gets on the turn and river his magical cards giving him victory.
I agree - you call them "recreational" , I call them donkeys , just playing allin,
Yes and I have said years ago that the software Rewards these players every time !

I have the worst days and among the week and the weekend when I play, but for me the best days are Saturday and Sunday because I can play a lot of tournaments and spend more time for the game and more chances to win somewhere in tournaments because me on weekdays little time for playing poker!

If it works for you , then hopefully you are in games with very few "recreational" players and can enjoy a good game .

The best day is when you are presenting more disposition and focus to play and the worst day is when the server or your internet drops, this is very frustrating.

I agree , sometimes even if you are in the best frame of mind , have no interruptions from your personal life - then the internet goes kaflooey !!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 5 months. I usually play 4-5 days a week.
Perhaps the worst day is when I do not have the opportunity to play poker.
And the best day is usually weekend, when I can play 8-12 hours a day.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 5 months. I usually play 4-5 days a week.
Perhaps the worst day is when I do not have the opportunity to play poker.
And the best day is usually weekend, when I can play 8-12 hours a day.

That sounds good , you are getting lots of playing time in !
Being fairly new at it is the motivation a lot of long time players lack I think .
I am like you - I play everyday , only the weekends are hectic for me and multi tasking while playing doesn't make for a good game :(

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Monday thru Friday is best for me. I work weekends and rarely get to play events on Sunday. (sigh):tongue:

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL - you should be at your best then if you are sober :) vs the drinkers ...

I never drink and play, and I agree. But saturday is by far my worst day. I play live btw so maybe its due to the promo grinders on saturday daytime and then fatigue saturday night

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never drink and play, and I agree. But saturday is by far my worst day. I play live btw so maybe its due to the promo grinders on saturday daytime and then fatigue saturday night

Yes , that would make a huge difference playing live.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Понедельник - худший день для меня, для покера

Translated : Monday - the worst day for me, for poker
Yes - Mondays are not a good day for people - not just poker !

Да - понедельники - не лучший день для людей - не просто покер

Da - ponedel'niki - ne luchshiy den' dlya lyudey - ne prosto poker[/COLOR]

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree with your reasoning, I believe it can also be applied to the stakes you are playing. $5 and under play like the recreational players $6 and up are better players. I also found when I played in the $33 tourneys the players were much better than I and I was out of my league even though I loved the better play.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with your reasoning, I believe it can also be applied to the stakes you are playing. $5 and under play like the recreational players $6 and up are better players. I also found when I played in the $33 tourneys the players were much better than I and I was out of my league even though I loved the better play.

That is so true - the players tend to play better the higher the stakes . They are now using all the skills an strategy to win or break even

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best day is Friday. The worst is Sunday. Because my girl wants attention, and does not let me play)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Personally, I do not like to play on Mondays.
For me it is always a hard day. Mostly I like to play on the weekends when I have enough time for poker.
Good luck.

L_E_U

L_E_U

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best.. when I took a $2 freeroll winning up to $84.
worst.. when I lost $84 in 3 hands on some cash game..
that's when I learned about bankroll management lol

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Saturday is my best day , I enjoy it more than Sunday to play poker , I relax better then playing my games .
Monday is the worst day for poker for me , after Sunday , not good , I need a day off :)

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday morning no one bothers, lots of concentration, perfect to win