world Players Rank

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, there are a world poker rank players? Like a league of soccer with points ,etc... If not , It would be possible do that,?
So with this we would look and say " oh he is the leader, and she is going from 6 position directly for 2 position ..." I think that is would be Fun....

And the Winner of that It Will be the " the best player"
Or " player of the year"...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This debate has been going on for a while but I think most are happy to accept the simplistic take of something like the Global Poker Index. Pinning down who is the best is difficult for a number of reasons.

My own personal opinion is that players should be measured against their buy-ins. Those that have made the most prize money with the least investment regarding buy-ins should be ranked as the best players. But obviously, few are willing to reveal the extent of their buy-ins. Many players who have made several million in a given year might be at a net loss after buy-ins are taken into consideration.

Further, another factor to consider in pure rankings is we have no idea who is being backed by who with many pros said to have a minority stake in themselves at any given tournament. On paper they might have won 'x' amount but we have no idea whether their real winnings were a fraction of this after the backers got their share. Additionally it is seldom revealed who has swapped a 'piece' with other players.
Players are unwilling to be open with these issues. So the best anyone can expect is a compromised and simplistic take of wins and placements in tournaments with precious little reveal of what is taking place in the background.

The reason I am picky about this is because the high buy ins, the backing and swapping pieces are all specific (in the main) to elite players - those which we would like to rank as accurately as possible ...but the conditions render it difficult to do.

Last edited: