I got AQ so I call....:rolleyes:
Flop is A2A
At this point the pot is $0.72
I bet $1.40 and he calls
Turn card is a 5
I bet $3.50 and he calls
River card is a 2 so...…….A, 2, A, 5, 2
I got a full house!:cool:
He goes all-in so I call cause I'm think the most he would have is a 2 in his hand so I would have the stronger full house.
SOB has 2, 2 in his hand and took everything!:mad: Whelp, back to the drawing board!:boring:

Question?.....would you have seen the four-of-a-kind coming? At what point? and what would you have done differently?:confused:

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion there wasn't any way to see he had ducks.

This is just a really tough spot as you can't really get away from the full house and he just ended up getting lucky on the river as I think he would have bet his two's full of ace's full house if the river was a blank

Just an unfortunate river I think

Good luck out there

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a cooler, sometimes you're on the wrong side of it and sometimes you're on the right side of it.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading the beginning i think he had 22 and it's true. Just don't mind it can be but flop and turn bets are RoFl

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a cooler, the important part if that you played the hand pretty well which in the long run is the most important thing. I think calling the shove on the river is always the best move here because literally one hand beats which he unfortunately has. Hope you're on the winning side of another one of these real soon

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he raise .22 cents. so I think he has 22 and if I see a 2 then I assume he has a set.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the flop was A2A and you did not indicate any suits (which is useful study info). You bet 2x pot on the flop and he called. This leaves him with either the case AX, A2 or pocket 2's. Again, you didn't identify starting positions or anything.

He shoves all in (not sure what the remaining stack is, but is good information to have when analyzing your play) this leaves me to believe he has either A2, A5, or 22, specially if you could label him as a NIT. I think most people would check if they were OOP and just had the full house. If he lead out the all in I think that is a very polarized move.

The only thing you are doing is chopping as you can't beat anything.

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think it from villains perspective: As villain has 22, he can fairly confidently say you dont have A2 and are raising with Ax so he can justify to call the 2x pot bet otherwise he would have folded. A5 is possible combination as you didnt 3-bet preflop but he seems to know that you dont have it. As the last deuce comes out, villain knows he can get max value from your Ax since he knows you have the boat and just jams. It's a cooler but I can see a fold here if you think it through again.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goosebumps!!!!!

he raise .22 cents. so I think he has 22 and if I see a 2 then I assume he has a set.

This comment gave me goosebumps just to think that he subconsciously gave me a tell the whole time!:eek:

Funny thing is, I remember thinking about a theory if some players do this with their bets without even knowing it.:)