What was your longest Poker-break?

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

The longest hiatus was 9 years without playing poker, I went back to quarantine, and at this point I think I played every day. I could use a little break of at least one day!

Luck :ah4::ac4:

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A year or more. In General, I play if I have time.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years, and my biggest break was about 2 months. But in fact this break was due to lack of free time.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the longest break for a couple of days and I don't remember when. Like when there was no light for a long time after the icing, the wires broke.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played very seriously for 8 years online between 2004 - 2012.

I took 8 years off (2012 - 2020)

I started playing again February 2020. :)

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was without playing poker for about 5 years.
I had other responsibilities and could not dedicate time to the game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There has been no such thing lol - eventhough last time when i couldnt play it for couple days it was because i stayed in Spain lol

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 6 years. The biggest rooms were banned in my country and there was nowhere to play. Meanwhile pokerstars has obtained a license, a large competitive networks with a good traffic has grown up (GG and ACR). However, it is still forbidden to play poker at 888 or party poker.
But today there is at least a place where to play online so one reason why not to take break is solved :D

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
My longest break was around 4 month but due to my city lockdown and quarantine I came back to poker.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest poker break was when I lost a month's salary once again at high limits in one day in Hyper turbo multi table games on pokerstars I set self-exclusions for 180 days and no matter how I tried to unblock myself through tech support I didn't succeed.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you mean the time I was away from poker I would say at least two months, but this because the internet service stopped working for that time ☹️

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I just came out of a year break. It shows! Shucks.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually just weeks, sometimes months, one time around 2 years. Too much free time leads me always back...

F

flyinghas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when u hold AA Or KK and u get a bad beat with 7 2 off , is the time you need a break ! I always think what is this algorithm doing and why?
So when the bad beats become more often i loose my believe in the poker platforms. and the breaks can be very long after that.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing fairly regularly for about 11 years. My largest break was for a little over a year and it was just recently. We were moving from one province to another. Selling a house and buying another, so it took some time and was pretty stressful, so poker was definitely not in the picture at that time of my life.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest absence, more than a month, and periodically during the week I take a break from the game...

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker break

a soon as I have found out I wanna be a professional poker player someday and I noticed the special bond between me and poker I have never taken a break. maybe a month but sooner or later if you feel the same you will understand that poker is not just a hobby but it's your work your love and your future and you want to find fame and achievement in poker:cool::)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have never had a break of more than two or three weeks. Three weeks is my longest break. Sometimes a break is very useful, but if the break is too long it can negatively affect the development of the player.

Q

Quarkwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I went to travel through europe and havent played for 1.5 years once. But i take regular breaks of a few weeks every few months. Even after playing poker for more then 10 years im still not sick of it.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The longest time has been a month, I have never left it for more than that time and the reason was for vacations, I have always been very active for about 10 years:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a hiatus for over a year without playing poker.