This is a discussion on What are some of the questions you would ask a pokerpro if you met them in real life? within the online poker forums, in the General Poker section; whom would you like to meet in real life
which it is most important to have success in poker, I'm doing wrong or that I need to improve , and what do you think are my strengths in the game of poker, as specific as serious as keeping my growing pot when I 'm chip leader ..
11th October 2015, 6:09 AM
6bet me 
Poker at: PokerStars
I'd want to meet Tom Dwan, Daniel Negreanu, Jason Somerville or maybe some of the YouTube poker players that make educational poker videos.
I have hundreds of hands that I'd want analysed by the pro. But that would take him several hours to go through :P
In terms of general poker questions though, I'd probably ask:
- How long did it take you to go from a complete fish to consistently winning at low stakes games?
- How much did you lose before you started winning?
- How long did it take you to go from consistently winning at low stakes games to playing high stakes games?
- How many hours would you play per day when you were learning?
- What is the best game format for amateur poker players who want to improve?
- How do you handle tilt?
- Which country/city has the most fish and which country/city is the toughest for live poker?
- What was the level of competition like back when you were an amateur? As in, what stakes back then correspond to what stakes nowadays?
- How strong is variance? What was the biggest losing streak you ever went on against players who were worse than you?
- Has variance ever fooled you into thinking that you were a better poker player than you actually were? Did you ever rush ahead in stakes you weren't yet ready for?
- What is the competition like at the high stakes? What is the general style of play and what level of thinking is required in your hand analyses of high stakes games?
- Lastly, do you have any advice for an ambitious poker player like me who is struggling to build up a small bankroll?
11th October 2015, 10:32 AM
Online Poker at: Intertops
The pros that grew up with me.
Here are the pros that influenced me when I began. Gus Hanson,Chris Moneymaker, Dick Bramer, and Patty Duke.
I saw Gus Hanson on travel channel. He as an Aussie that got on the final table twice. He won both times. Then came the third time he just got beat out. The announcer was afraid of Gus's game and was happy he proved human. During watching the travel channel poker, I saw a pokerstars commercial. That's when I went to pokerstars.
I was playing about a year and a half two years and saw Chris Moneymaker win it all. I watched how he won on ESPN. Chris was cool because he beat Farah by going all in with crappy hole cards. Farah was an od pro you needed luck to beat. It was Chris's day. He hit the gut shot straight and won it all.
The next year came Dick Bramer and his psycadelic glasses. I forgot how he won but he was dominate most of the time. During his year they had a side tourney with the winner and some pros. Patty Duke and her brother were both in it so was dick. Patty Duke went all in against her brother Howard letterer. (The Doctor) She had pocket 6's her brother had pocket 7's. Patty hit her 6, for trips and knocked out her brother. She was so sorry. Later in the tourney she faced Dick Bramer. The winner of the world series of poker. Dick kind of threw it to patty on live T.V. Maybe, he had to be on sucker end like Moneymaker had to be on sucker end. Well anyways, Patty won the tournament and a million dollars.
Guess my question to the pros is how did you get there?
11th October 2015, 1:34 PM
Poker at: intertops
re: Poker & What are some of the questions you would ask a pokerpro if you met them in real life?
I have met many pro poker players and I know for a fact that they are just like us with their shortcomings and lot of them go broke but the difference is that they are very social people and they create a network of stakers,etc...
I used to live in las vegas and I witnessed the arrival and progression of daniel neagranu, we used to play 100.00 tournaments at the Orleans, he got hooked with the right people like high roller female jennifer harman, and the rest is history...
12th October 2015, 3:04 PM
Online Poker at: pokerstars,
1.how you decided to become a pro?
2.when you decided that?
3.what was your job before poker pro?
4.have you studied too much on poker?
5.have your personal relationships chnaged since then?
6.were you in good money shape before this?