Underestimated

M

miro1705

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever underestimated a new player at your table?

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know, I underestimated you @ the freeroll!! My bad!

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to over estimate everyone so then no surprises at showdown.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play way too tight anyway so I get a chance to observe more before making a determination. I like to give the benefit of the doubt and respect on that until I start seeing 3-4 offsuit or something crazy being shoved by the new player in town. :) Even at that...what you see in one game from a freeroll player might be entirely different than the overall picture. Sometimes people are tired or disgusted. Have to leave the game or whatever else and are just playing crazy in that one instance. In the buy in games, you probably don't get much of that though.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to make mistakes in underestimating the enemy. Underestimating the opponent’s card is more likely.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to look at everyone the same. In the past there were players who played horrible at my tables and it cost me in the long run in future tounaments against them. Since it is online, I try to not look at the names of the players at the tables. I focus in my cards, the amount of players in the hand and my chips. I just try to play the best possible poker I can play. I think poker can be just as much a mind game as much as a game of skill.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, I often made this mistake. But with experience, I realized that it is very important to always critically evaluate my opponents, my own strengths and the situation at the table as a whole.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course I also made this mistake sometimes. But, I try to learn from my mistakes and now I am always very careful with new players at the table.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not underestimate the other players because many times when I did this I had unpleasant surprises! I try to play my game.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying never underestimated any people on the table. Everyone can have nuts and surprised you.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not correct assessment of the players playing against you leads to bankruptcy!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we also sometimes consider ourselves gods of poker. it is important to have balance in our range