Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.

I'm reading a lot about poker and I read this article about the types of poker players and I found it interesting (I put the source at the end because I think it's the right thing to do).
Do you agree with this classification? Are there more types of players? For example the maniac or the NIT?

Types of poker players

It is necessary for any player to know the rivals he has to face. It is a sine qua non condition to be able to anticipate the movements of the opponent to be competitive at any game table. Of course, generalizing is not the best learning but, of course, for a novice player it seems absolutely essential. And what better way to express the fundamental characteristics of four types of poker players in order to understand the plays and behavior they can carry out in any game.

There are players who take their affairs at the table very calmly, others with great coldness with almost desperate secrecy while others have almost manic behavior assuming unnecessary risks. In order to become a good player it is very important to analyze our own personality to be able to adopt a general behavior before the hands and the poker cards, although, the best player is always the one who manages to adapt to all situations and knows how to overcome all problems based on tenacity and chameleonic behavior at the tables.

Loose - passive

The loose-passive is the typical player who goes to almost all hands pre-flop and makes a long call after the flop. He feels a real need to participate in as many hands as possible and feels almost a sickly desire to stay until the last moments of the game even though he knows perfectly well that he won't win anything. You could say that for him a good reward is to reach the last rounds despite not eligible for any prize.
They are considered as the "calling stations" and are players who like to pretend what they are not. They are given by good players for the mere fact of almost always arriving at the last rounds but, really, they contribute very little and, moreover, most of them feel an almost total indifference to the money accumulated in the boat. These types of players are losers by nature and usually play simply for having a good time.
He is the typical player that everyone wants to have sitting next to him to pluck him. However, if the rookie player usually adopts this profile when he sits at a game table, he must know that he will be practically giving away his money to the rest of the rivals. It is best to stop feeling the need to play so many hands and, of course, avoid making calls compulsively. Never a passive player has triumphed in the game of poker and that should be known by a player project with little experience.

Loose - aggressive

The loose-aggressive player is, as his own name indicates, the one who plays overwhelmingly. They usually climb in many hands and bluff very frequently. They can become very dangerous players in the Texas Hold'em Poker modality without limit since they have many possibilities to get many chips thanks to the aggressiveness they use in their game. In the other variants they do not become a great threat in particular because the blinds do not rise.
Because they play with great aggressiveness they can always have the luck of linking a good hand. This allows them to accumulate huge amounts of money in a short time but, of course, it is not the most common. This type of player usually loses a lot of money in a game session and they have many similarities with the tight-aggressive. Schoomaker defends the theory that loose-aggressive players seek to feel protagonists and the pleasure of adrenaline running through their veins.
If you have to face these types of players, you will have to follow the following tips: after the post-flop you have to lower the bar of the plays since you have to know that the loose-aggressive, after this round, will go with very little or practically with nothing. It is also convenient to raise more than usual, especially after the river and keep in mind that bluffing in excess of this type of player can be very counterproductive in the short term.

Tight-passive

The tight-passive players are known with the nickname of rocks as they enlist in a posture and hardly abandon it. They stand out for playing passively or very passively and almost always go to very few hands. Their earnings are usually very short because they generate as little action as they receive. This type of player, being widely conservative in nature, does not see how his chip graph undergoes sudden alterations.
Almost always their income describes gentle slopes, not too steep. Very sporadically they get some major monetary benefit but it is something quite uncommon. Rookie players who resemble these types of players should know that fear, shyness or conservatism will not lead to anything, except mediocrity at the game table. They have to get the idea that poker is action and as such demands betting.
When someone has to face some type of player of this caliber, the ideal is to have him placed on our left because it is extremely easy to steal the blinds. We will always have to give in with any aggression of this type of player, that is, refrain from performing any committed action when it is believed to have a worse hand than that of the tigh-passive player. If you reach the end of the table and you have to show cards to such a player, it is usually advisable to check first unless you know for sure that the hand you hold is always going to be superior to yours.

Tight - aggressive

The tight-aggressive players are the most complete that exist at a poker table, therefore, they are the most complicated to beat. These players take into account both explicit and implicit probabilities, constantly create mental strategies, read their rivals' cards perfectly and choose the right moments to play conservatively and throw lanterns. This does not mean that all tight-aggressive players are good.
What it means is that to become a good poker player you have to practice a lot and develop the gift of patience to consolidate a good tight-aggressive type strategy. These players are not born but are made and that is only achieved thanks to personal effort. Good tight-aggressive players are almost impossible to beat, so the most sensible thing is to leave the table and not wait until they pluck us from head to toe. Every beginner player should aim to develop an excellent tight-aggressive type strategy.

Source: http://www.poker.com.es

Greetings.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello, for a begginer this is the right classification.
The nit would be a sub category of the thight passive, and the maniac sub category of the loose agressive.

You will see later with time, you would tag players by experience, by whether you saw them at the tables before or not, whether they are regulars or not, are they recreationals... and the classification you have here you may use it as notes for each player's history you have.

This is what I think, you obviously have to make your own mind. It is a great that you are studying the game.

Keep up and gl

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend I love that you have shared this article, I read everything and I think that sums up the types of players in poker, it is important to know the types of players you are facing to get all their exploitative game against them, very good ..

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really hate the all in guy, man, why do you play, go to a roullete.