Thoughts on 6+ holdem

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight I lost 50 bucks very quick on a few tourney buy ins and mainly omaha. I was on stone cold tilt as it happened in about an hour, very unlike me. On tilt I went and sat down at 2 6 plus holdem tables and boom, within 6 hands i was even. Was extremely happy i decided to play this crazy game. Just wanted to know some peoples thoughts on this crazy game.

T

THQ01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alot of potential to earn money at PLO as more and more holdem players are moving over and making huge errors.
At face value it is a wild game but there's definitely money to be made in the long run.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
6+Holdem is "crazy" in the sense that equities run closer and the skill advantage between players get smaller. Just like in PLO.

Therefore more variance and in the short term luck factors in more.

6+ holdem was fun in the beginning with players that hardly knew the rules. But as in all markets: if there is money to be earn it saturates fast.

Now I find it more boring than normal Holdem or PLO. Less cards, less complicated. I want MORE cards and more games in a rotation like mixed games to keep my interest.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where exactly do you play? pokerstars? I play 6+ hold'em, but only on iPoker. There are several other rules, I like them more than the stars.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alot of potential to earn money at PLO as more and more holdem players are moving over and making huge errors.
At face value it is a wild game but there's definitely money to be made in the long run.

I agree with you heavily as i have been playing PLO for about 4 years now online and live, holdem players make some of the hugest errors in this game by over-valuing mediocre flushed and full houses. I absolutely love PLO, 6plus is just as fun in my opinion and there are tons of players that make huuugggeeee errors while playing the game at the moment. Try it out, you won't be disappointed, i promise you that.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where exactly do you play? PokerStars? I play 6+ hold'em, but only on iPoker. There are several other rules, I like them more than the stars.

Yes I have started to almost play exclusively on stars as it is just the best for multiple reasons. I used to play on 888 but they have been getting more and more garbage lately. Only thing they have on anyone is there promotions and poker club if your a high level, i'm level 99, not quite 100 but a couple bucks away and still dont love it. They need more players for mid stakes games in my opinion.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I do not like this game. I like to play only classic NL Hold'em. Good luck.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules