Poker equality

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it fair that some people are a bit rubbish? Is it fair that some people have poor impulse control and lose all their money?

I propose a new Christmas poker tax on the successful, for surprise xmas payouts to those most in need.

Happy Christmas everyone xx

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it fair that some people are a bit rubbish? Is it fair that some people have poor impulse control and lose all their money?

I propose a new Christmas poker tax on the successful, for surprise xmas payouts to those most in need.

Hahaha. You mean give some of your hard earned money back to give folks a chance to recover? How will people learn impulse control while playing with other peoples money when they had none while playing with their own?

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's impossible to win my money then why use someone else's money? Need to more learn game.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friend

I think this Christmas season many people already make donations
Sure there are some beginners in poker yes.
I think there are Christmas home games that can be created by splitting the prize for charities.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The gaming sites that are supposed to offer prizes, finally who wins the most are them.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call it a tax, but if a poker site took a fraction of the rake (i.e. taking money from the winning players) and pooled it into a year-end tourney for everyone then it would give the losing players a chance to make their money back while still being fair to everyone. Plus it could end up being a complete monster of a tourney, even if it's only a fraction of a penny taken from each rake.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The gaming sites that are supposed to offer prizes, finally who wins the most are them.

But don't sites host Christmas freerolls? You can even create a home game and donate half the prize to charity.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A fun proposal, however, no one would agree to this. But you cheered up your joke.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is why poker sites created freerolls,

they take from the rich thru rake and give back to the poor in free prize pools

all you've gotta do is show up and play well!

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We, the successful people need to buld a wall that would separate us
from the unhappy ones. And they will pay for it.
Oh wait,
they already DID give us all their money.
Good.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But don't sites host Christmas freerolls? You can even create a home game and donate half the prize to charity.

I wanted more awards. LOL

For your quote this task is not so simple, but I consider it a good proposal.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Richard, you probably forgot that the SS hold charity freerolls ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sites are already doing everything they can to protect the fish from- anonymous players, to segregating tables, to limiting the number of tables played, to eliminating huds, even to closing your account if you are a winning player.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is fair, no one is forced to play poker. And every learnings and experiments are for the improvment. I believe that everyone has the same chance to recover and gain money. You can live with the opportunity despite of being the weakest link. The sites like this have instinct power to make yourself better and better and grab the aim that you're working for. Good luck for everyone :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Different people play different games. Some people prefer lotteries and others prefer strategy. I think there is no right or wrong game. You can draw conclusions from your results. Personally, I am a beginner and only play freerolls. Thanks to freerolls, I have significantly increased my bankroll over the last year and this is the actual result.