I'm Starting a Poker Blog

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with you blog, will take a look from time to time.

M

maloxu82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy reading this blog.

GL and keep up good work.

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
perfect friend that's what we need, contributions every day to grow more in terms of learning poker thanks and good luck

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very cool initiative ! Good luck with the blog :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good stuff, hope it goes well, I will check it out!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good stuff, hope it goes well, I will check it out!

Cool... ty! Signup for the blog updates on the side panel. It will just shoot you an e-mail when a new blog is out.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great read, what a shame the KK didn't hold, would have liked to have read more, well played!
Always willing to take some of your WSOP action.

Thanks. I have a few more interesting hands also. I tried to get some of the top highlights in there.

Ya, it was an interesting event with all of the life stuff swirling around me on the second day. I think I played pretty focused that day though, and it helped to have a better table and position. Day 1 was a much tougher table where I was just in the worst seat position to the better players at the table.

I need to push myself to play more events. I know I'm good enough to bag one of these, and it would be funny to "come out of nowhere" and win. Now that my kids are a little older, I'm in a better place to be able to travel and play some more again, so we'll see. I'm a cash game player by nature though, but tournaments are fun and soft. :)

Thanks for your support and backing.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Subscribe, good lucky with your blog!

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit of an outline about my equity calculator, and why I think it's essential to use... and cool, because it's free! :)

http://www.acepokersolutions.com/poker-blog/pokerarticles/ace-poker-solutions-equity-calculator/
Back in my limit days, I used Pokerstove all the time for equity calculations. Nowadays it's outdated and hard to find a version that still works.

Equilab is its alternative now. It's the fastest to make the calculations for wide ranges where the possibilities are easily in the billions, and it has the Monte Carlo option that just simulates hands really fast to approach the right percentages for calculations that would otherwise take hours.

Ace Poker Solutions isn't as fast so some calcs could take several minutes, but it's the most advanced because it's the only one that can assign weighted ranges. The weighted ranges (i.e. some hands will only be in villain's range 40% of the time) make it the equity calculator for the highest, most advanced level of analysis.

I use both, depending on the type of calc I need.