The feeling when in your element.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been playing poker these past few years. I always had a tremendous passion for the game since childhood as well as other cards games. Recently I have been stepping my game up in way that had been boosting my confidence as a man. Finding your rhythm and making good decisions while what I like to tell people is a battle of the wits is reward itself. Tonight I hit a royal in Omaha felt so good because of my timing and the way I played it made me feel like I was one with the universe as silly as it might sound to whoever is reading this. But like every game I feel it's like the ocean. There's waves and your stack rises and falls and I just try to find that flow. We played for about 4 hours 3 way and the only one time I decided to not look and fire steady paid off. I raised 3bb pre flop cam 10,10,A I bet half pot turn was another A I fired half he called river K so A,K,10 of hearts and I fired half again he raised triple my bet and then looked for the first time and saw the Q,J of hearts and went all in and had him covered he took some time questioning a few things one was asking who I thought I was or something and I said I am the Unbustable! It's silly I know some think its dumb but I have fun saying that lol.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you ladies or gents have some tales of when you just found that flow and were kind of unstoppable with that confidence maybe a big ego to go with It at the time but were rewarded because of your experience and skills like a pro

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What Makes A Pro?

I haven't been playing poker these past few years. I always had a tremendous passion for the game since childhood as well as other cards games. Recently I have been stepping my game up in way that had been boosting my confidence as a man. Finding your rhythm and making good decisions while what I like to tell people is a battle of the wits is reward itself. Tonight I hit a royal in Omaha felt so good because of my timing and the way I played it made me feel like I was one with the universe as silly as it might sound to whoever is reading this. But like every game I feel it's like the ocean. There's waves and your stack rises and falls and I just try to find that flow. We played for about 4 hours 3 way and the only one time I decided to not look and fire steady paid off. I raised 3bb pre flop cam 10,10,A I bet half pot turn was another A I fired half he called river K so A,K,10 of hearts and I fired half again he raised triple my bet and then looked for the first time and saw the Q,J of hearts and went all in and had him covered he took some time questioning a few things one was asking who I thought I was or something and I said I am the Unbustable! It's silly I know some think its dumb but I have fun saying that lol.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you ladies or gents have some tales of when you just found that flow and were kind of unstoppable with that confidence maybe a big ego to go with It at the time but were rewarded because of your experience and skills like a pro
Unbustable, what makes a Pro, as you put it? Your excitement is a reward in itself and I'm happy for you, but even Pros don't (many times) think of themselves as Pros. Many players just simply know that they know the game good and by doing so, they also know that there will be days when they can't win if they had Five Aces (as crazy as that may sound). Unbustable? Now, there is a title/name. I like it! GOD bless you.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the zone

When I feel confident I make quick decisions and pick creative spots to bluff.