Doug Polk vs Daniel Negreanu

xmarus91

xmarus91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been a cardschat freeroll club member for years.. and still not considered a member.(won't let me play freerolls yet I'm better then them in real money games bust thats besides the point lol smh) Anyways here a good topic so I can maybe become a member someday!!!

I still think Daniel Negreanu is better then Doug Polk, what are your thoughts?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Doug Polk - Dislike. DNegs - Like.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd hate to sit on a table for hours on end with Dan, talks to much! and he has an uncanny ability to read

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is better for me
He plays more strategic

Doug is more about entertainment

D

DeuceParade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I don’t think either of them could possibly care any less what we think.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a lot of respect for both. They have significant accomplishments. As far as the recent feud, DNegs anger was justified though he should know better than to be reactive. Polks video was hilarious but he should have left 'blackface' out of the title as it appears that his goal was to get DNegs cancelled.
I thought poker was above this cancel culture behavior but I guess I was mistaken. We all need to lighten up a bit.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doug Polk - Dislike. DNegs - Like.

+1 Negreanu is one of my favorite poker players. Obviously everyone has ups and downs and get emotional at times, but overall I find Doug Polk's humor a bit too off-putting. He comes across as too arrogant for my liking and most of Polk's videos are just click-bait in my opinion. I'll click a Polk video and expect a great hand to be played and just get more like a standard play. Nah, I'm +1 for D-Negs :)

I'd hate to sit on a table for hours on end with Dan, talks to much! and he has an uncanny ability to read

To be fair, I think most of us would NOT want to sit at the same table as Doug Polk or Daniel Negreanu if we are trying to win and follow disciplined table selection. Both of these players are accomplished poker pros and I respect the ability of both.

I'd be more inclined to be at a table with Negreanu though. His hand reading ability is just awe-inspiring at times, but I'd be just basically paying for the experience.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not expert enough to judge who’s better, but I like the way Daniel Negreanu plays the most, compared to any other poker player.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Both are exceptional high stakes players. Polk has a more mathematical, analytical style, while Negreanu is more old school, but who would win, I wouldn't like to bet either way.

They are both loud mouths, but Negreanu, for me, is a much more likeable amiable guy. Polk is looking for reactions and is happy to create animosity or just be generally outrageous in order to pedal his own career.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Polk vs Dnegs

Dnegs bit off more than he can chew on this one.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Dnegs bit off more than he can chew on this one.
The score at halfway and whether DNegs chooses to concede will be interesting...

Not over til it's over!

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both players. Daniel is an interesting and funny guy, in my opinion, very friendly and open, ready to communicate with everyone. His strong point is playing in live tournaments, where he perfectly demonstrates his ability to read opponents, which for the most part helps him win. Polk, by contrast, is much stronger in online cash games. Watch his stream, where he played the next session with Negreanu, his thoughts and strategy in heads-up are impressive.

S

SILA89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Doug will win the battle he is one of the best HU player

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them both, for different reasons. i feel like the Grudge Match is all in good fun. Both legends who have have contributed immensely in their own ways. Massive respect to both of them.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I like Daniel he is the best poker player for me but according statistic he is loosing for a while. Especially he always bad luck on the begging in these sessions and trying to improving the situation after bad beats. I hope he will win at the end.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dnegs is getting unlucky and obviously outplayed and frustrated with the match. When a player is outclassed and running bad it’s gonna get ugly in a hurry. Not even half way to 25k hands and we have seen Polk amass close to 1 million $ from Daniel. The video of Dnegs losing it is classic. The true side of him is clearly far from what we see on the edited wsop coverage.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel is better than Doug offline, and Doug online

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel for what he represents for poker

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In this format Doug Polk is a thousand times better than Daniel Negreanu. If we talk about tournaments Negreanu is undoubtedly the best of the two

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing against Doug, but I just can't get over how much he looks like Dane Cook. I think Daniel is a better player but Polk has more of an edge, at least playing heads up.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Daniel negriano has a chance against doug polk because negriano is better at poker tournaments and he doesn't have much experience in heads up

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the POLK will win this battle,he is very good at it, although the Negreanu is much better than him, but the factor of luck is still behind the POLK

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's go Doug, let's go! Woot woot XD

I don't think Daniel can overcome the disadvantage even with study, by the end of the challenge. He's an old live tourney player stepping into a different world where he's never really been. He has no shot at this point unless he happens to run like god.

He should have done what Eddie Hall and Thor have choose to do when taking on a new challenge-- take a year to prepare. You don't just jump in head first with no prior training (referring to nash-equilibrium strategies) and not expect to get your head smashed in. A bit of a gamble on Daniels part? Or just bullheaded.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Daniel is better overall player but he is from the older generation players better suited for live games. If the match was at least 50/50 live/online Daniel will have chance to win. Playing online though Doug definitely has advantage as he is very good heads up online player.