Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:rolleyes:

Hello.

I am curious to see if anyone uses Excel to analyze their hand data? :idea:
If so, in what ways?
If so, how do you import or convert your hand data?

:party:

Thank you!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why use EXCEL? There are special applications.:eek:

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can request a hand history and utilize the import feature.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I use an Excel to analyze my results for a week and a month. In my opinion, Excel is ideal for statistical data generation.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm using just note book I found that's easiest way to do for me

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker and Holdem Manager are great programs with HUDs, cash game and tournament databases.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm training with pokersnowie trial for now.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather use a program that does all the math and statistics for me rather than manually doing it all myself on Excel. More of an old school approach in my opinion.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
today I just started to create a table in Excel of power up to see my statistics after playing 100 tournaments of $ 0.25 so far I've played 12 and I'm 50% won and 50% lost but with a profit in $

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Google sheets is good if you want to track your notes / session results / in a spreadsheet on the go. I just installed the app on my phone.

It's much easier to manipulate formulas on the desktop but easy to access since all the sheets are stored in your attached google drive.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
For card analysis no. I do not even know how to do that.

I use excel for other stuff off felt like track winnings/losses, manage bankroll etc.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you!

Lots of varying opinions here. I found one person, Lena, who finds, like myself the Excel program great for data statistics. I have worked with both PT4 and Excel together for awhile. I know it's old school, but I have generated several analysis programs in Excel using data generated from PT4 (as some said, other programs do the work for you). If anyone has done the same or similar, I would be curious to what they have done. Thank you all for sharing on this.

Dan'O

M

mohamed nefzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some Pros use Excell just to track and plan their poker sessions in terms of buy ins and games to play that's helpfull for good bankroll management and and schedules and is an accurate way to track losses and winings. Not to neglect the extra value of some online tools like Huds and PT...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used it in the past to track my ROI for SnG/Cash/MTTs separately, because I've played all 3 types each day, but then one day I got HM2 license for free.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Honestly, my results are completely reflected in my wallet, so I do not use Excel. :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had a program back when I started called Poker Office and was excel based. Was before the tracking programs were out. Used it a lot for HH. Also use excel for BR.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excel is feature rich from the perspective of someone who works with numbers on a regular basis. Accountants, businessmen, investors, and so on. The graphs and rows are organized by default. Even for simple use, it's a little more convenient than manually making charts in Word.