Ambition In Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many games strong cards are presented and we get good winnings. Ambition could cloud our judgment and cause constant losses, being we the ones who have a lot of resources on the table?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I do not have many resources. All my resources are actually a bankroll that I built by playing in freerolls. Therefore, my ambitions are only to enjoy the game and at the same time continue to increase my bankroll.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally, I do not have many resources. All my resources are actually a bankroll that I built by playing in freerolls. Therefore, my ambitions are only to enjoy the game and at the same time continue to increase my bankroll.
This is exactly what I would say.
Poker is my hobby, the main one, try to play as serious as I can. My resources are simple, my devices are also simple but enough to make me playing comfortably and win some matches.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick to the proper Bankroll management! Stick to it no matter what, and you will be less bothered by ambition.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker ambition is unnecessary.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only resource is the bankroll and u need to build on this

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY ambition is to win an MTT with more than 5000 players.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ambition?

My only ambition is to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again. Then after that, my only ambition will be to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again. Then after that, my only ambition will be to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again.
Then after that, my only ambition will be to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again.
Then after that, my only ambition will be to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again.
Then after that, my only ambition will be to make it to the withdraw requirement amount again. I trust you see where this is going? Good Luck!:D

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't have a big ambition like winning millions of dollars or something like that. Just play and I hope I can win money as best I can

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good banking management avoids that, studying so well avoids bad decisions at the table

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really my resources are minimal, and my ambition is to be able to make a living from the game, to earn between one thousand and two thousand dollars a month, my ambition is greater than that of others but less than that of many, my Bank is still very poor but I will work hard to achieve it

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the original poster is saying that being overly ambitious can have an impact on the manner in which we play. His view is that being ambitious can potentially have a negative impact on performance. While this is true, I am sure it can certainly work in the opposite fashion as well, and those who perform well really want “it”.

F

fouspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I discovered freerolls. This way you could participate in a tournament for free every day. I was happy to participate and always won something. In this way I built up a mini-bankroll of + - 5dollar. And I started playing small sit and go and tournaments. That went more than well. I expanded my bankroll very quickly and soon started competing in bigger tournaments.

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope I can practice this sport professionally and earn a living with what I love.

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very true what you say and it happens to me more then, Given the ambition that generates me to earn more money, it is that I ended up making key mistakes which finally do not let me advance in the tournament, it is a situation that I must correct and I work on it, more patience and less ambition, trying to get further in the tournament for the game and not for the money.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my only ambition is to remain a profitable player.