Adaptability!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you always have the same way of playing? Or do you adapt to the game of the table that you play?

Well, I never play the same way, sometimes I read comments from my colleagues here on Cardschat, some say I'm a Loose-passive, loose-aggressive, tight-passive and tight-aggressive player, but the truth is that I never play the same way, I adapt!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shhhh LOL

Do you always have the same way of playing? Or do you adapt to the game of the table that you play?

Well, I never play the same way, sometimes I read comments from my colleagues here on Cardschat, some say I'm a Loose-passive, loose-aggressive, tight-passive and tight-aggressive player, but the truth is that I never play the same way, I adapt!

Thank you for posting.

NL is a villain specific game first, then math specific. Why take a 55-45 situation vs a player who will give you their stack when you are 100-0 for instance.

Shhhh do not tell your villains they are wrong. That wrong is how you win.:D:D

Thanks for sharing

:):)

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that when you do not know your opponents, you need to play poker Tait, and when you already know who your opponents are, you need to be able to adapt to them, you need to be able to correctly open against them preflov and do the right 3-bet, and correctly play postflop against them when you play your cards, you need to make a plan of distribution in your head and all possible outcomes and only then play them.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Basically, it depends on the mood, but usually I try to stick to one style of the game. In my opinion, it is more effective to improve the game in one style only.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I play in the same style. Everything suits me and I do not see any need to change anything.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say, my game if different would be opportunistic. Certain table dynamics allows for this. Other times you play with in what you can get away with.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I play in the same way like you.
Always switch, all depends of the tables and your opponents. I always look all players, try to know how they are playing, if they play tight or no..and i adapt my games.
:alien:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I will never change my style of play. I usually play in a frightened-cautious style. :D
Good luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only one year, and I think that my game depends to a great extent on my mood.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to adapt and see the opponents weaknesses. Of course in micro stakes you can play always t he same style because people are usually crazy there

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Τo some degree I play in the same basic way and in the rest degree I adapt to the specific circumstances I meet!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing according to how my opponents play at the table and depending on my mood, but the most important thing that makes me the game is how important the tournament.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My default game is basically the same Tag style and i adapt to players as we play,if i have people who fold a lot in the blinds and it's folded to me im not going to play my usual opening ranges ill open extremeley wide.And if i have a known fish ill try and iso them a little wider etc...

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right, it all depends on the opponents at the poker table, and you must change your game depending on the game of your opponents. Many players perceive me as a tight player, but they are deeply mistaken, it all depends on the ranges that opponents play, and I set up my game in 10-20 minutes.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!
It is a good condition to know how to adapt to the different styles of play.
From the most elementary bibliography on poker, the practice is recommended in order to develop the adaptive game capacity, according to the environment where we play.
It is not the same to face a tight style player, that a reckless player who pays large bets very easily.
If we play online and start playing live, it is important to adapt the game to the physical environment, in this sense the psychological sphere begins to have greater weight. At least, that's the way I see it.
I try to adapt to the game that the table proposes, but taking care that this adaptive transition does not affect the quality of the game I intend to achieve, either in the way I make my decisions or in the successive actions that I have to face in the table.
Greetings.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I realize you're right!

I learned the poker game. Who also paid the price for my game? But I hope many of them live well!

Last edited by a moderator:
sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is not always reality, the fact that I'm writing for myself players.so you have to adapt as you write-that's right!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am tight-aggressive player, but I adapt the table ....

adaptation is what is!!!!!

:captain:

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my game, I try to change the styles so that my opponents read my game worse. I consider drawing my weak hands to be an important success factor.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the same way always.I don´t have another style of playing.I need to work on it.

B

BillyBaker23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can never play the same way....that's how people learn how you play.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always in the mood.Sometimes I do not want to play but win and pretty good.Sometimes there is a desire to win and lose.This changes the style of play.But it's probably good?It's not good to be predictable.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Most often, I do not change the style of the game. But when I get bored, I start experimenting.

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In today's games, adapting is almost a rule to win, everyone is reading the game better, so it can not be predicted

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case, I get a lot of gaming at the cash tables ... for that reason I try to vary my game strategy since you are always playing against the same opponents ... and if you do not change the way you play, you will be very easy for your opponents to read you ... So it's good to adapt but you must also be changing your strategy ...!